Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Anyone with memories of Brighton?
Posted: 2006-06-13, 6:00 pm

french7034
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you guys have ever been to Brighton, Withnail was reffering to the glory days of 89', just wondering if anyone else has memories to share?

French
Re: Anyone with memories of Brighton?
Posted: 2006-06-14, 9:36 am

withnail Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
well i had lunch in donatellos a couple of weeks back and a pint in the druids head. also picked up a very nice shirt from a skate type shop with one of the sexiest asian girls i have seen working upstairs. thats the most stimulating thing ive done in brighton of late...

my memories from the late eighties involve beach parties with bonfires and sleeping in a ford fiesta on madeira drive. in those days i took my own loose woman ;-)

actually around the period 88 - 89 i recall the zap club being one of the first places that i knew of playing acid house music outside of london. at the time i spent most weekends at clubs in east and north london, principally around hackney where things were pretty innovative. i can clearly recall being in clubs and these whole conversations going on about something called 'ecstasy' which people werent sure whether it was legal or not and everybody had stories of 'their mate' who had tried it etc. as i recall the pills then were 20 pounds or more each. certainly browns in london had a big scene as did astoria, the wag, the brain and other clubs.

not for me these days but happy days none the less.

doog!

withnail
 [ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: