Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Brussels
Posted: 2006-05-18, 2:37 am

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I had a meeting in Brussels a couple of weeks ago and altho I wasn't able to enjoy the tasty treats on rue d'Aeroshot I noticed from the train that several buildings have been knocked down. The street looks a little like the mouth of hockey player right now with gaping holes where buildings (or teeth if it was a hockey player) once stood. Maybe our friend Gaston can shed some light on whats happening there? Will the new buildings continue the RLD or is this part of a urban renewal program of some sort that will eventually drive the girls out?
Re: Brussels
Posted: 2006-05-18, 1:37 pm

davide
I have indeed no idea about what's going on there, but I visited rue d'aarschot for the first time last weekend, and I must say I really liked it...... lots of good looking girls, a couple of stunners too, and it was just a friday afternoon - I guess things might get even better at night, although I've heard scary things about the neighborhood dangers.......

On the first day, I had an excellent session which included almost 20 min f&s, all positions, and daty. 50 euros. The next day that same girl allowed some light FK (which she had refused on the first day...) I guess locals and regulars can get a great service in this kind of RLD.

D.
Posted: 2006-05-19, 11:03 am

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Bonjour all,

In general I would state that the Aerschotstraat / Rue d'Aerschot is relatively save. In daylight, very little crime happens, apart from the occasional pickpocketing. At nighttime, sometimes groups of young guns walk around with the intention to intimidate clients - or worse. I would just be carefull and not stack an overdose of cash in my wallet (keep some in a coat pocket or so, so that if they rob you you have some reserve). Whenever I got to the Aerschotstraat in the past (I likely have more mileage there than most Forum members combined) I left all my bank cards etc. home, apart from an ID card (mandatory in Belgium).

Service varies from RLD -typical to real nice. In the past, the further you got from the Gare de Nord the lower the prices and the better the services, but today I think that is no longer a valid assumption, although I still think some (Flemish spaking blondes) try to charge higher rates for daytime quickies. The local ladies tend to be the most expensive (as everywhere, usually) though they may be good to frequent customers. Some of the Bulgarians were real sweet girls. If I did not save for the FKK / Sauna clubs these days, I would happily spend my money there (though I would alternate with prive's for good measure).

The status of the district in the long run is very uncertain. As some of you may know, Brussels is a combination of multiple entities (boroughs), a bit like New York City or London. The center borough is called 'Brussel / Bruxelles' proper and Freddy Thielemans, the mayor, functions more-or-less like overall major (unlike London and NYC, who have separate overall mayors in Livingstone and Bloomberg). No borough likes to have the ladies, and the center borough so far seems the most successfull in shoving all ladies out of her boundaries towards the circumfering boroughs, notably Schaarbeek / Schaerbeeck and St. Joost / St.Josse. The actual Aerschotstraat RLD is located on the Schaerbeeck / St. Josse border.

So much for geography. Fact is that all city fathers want to get rid of the RLD, but on the other side realise that this will drive the business into illegality, which also has its bad side -effects. The solution may come in the form of a replication of the Antwerp solution, where one big building serves as a 'Laufhaus' (German terminology, but I have no clue what I should call this in English). Think Elbestrasse in Frankfurt, 'Pasha' in Cologne. But so far, there are no clear plans. At the moment, there are at least 4 buildings under (complete) renovation at the Aerschotstraat, with none finished yet. If I see the skeleton of some of them, I sincerely doubt whether they are suited for business, but I am not sure. In the coming months, as they are ready, I will walk / drive by and report to you.

my 2 centimes (alas, no more...)
Posted: 2006-05-19, 11:43 pm

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Bonjour Gaston,

Mercí por vous deux centimes! As always your answer, and Davide's, is very informative. If the new construction isn't intended to be used for the RLD I expect it will be a slow process to find occupants for the buildings with "legitimate" enterprises while the mongerers and tough boys continue to mill about the street.

A wild guess from a non-German speaker is that the closest English word to 'Laufhaus' would be brothel. But I suppose brothel, which I would say is more like a Club Elegance or a prive, doesn't exactly describe a place like your example of Pascha in Cologne with its floors of girls' rooms. So you're right, there probably is not a direct translation into English.
Posted: 2006-05-21, 6:12 pm

skipexcaliburSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Gaston,

Quote: "a 'Laufhaus' (German terminology, but I have no clue what I should call this in English)."

Laufhaus translates as "emporium or a big store (like a department store) or simply store."

Brothel translates into Deutsch as "bordell or freudenhaus"

Hope this helps.

Ciao,

Skip
Posted: 2006-05-22, 10:44 am

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Skip,

Get serious. 'Emporium' ? 'Store ?' Ever been to 'Pasha' (Cologne) or the Elbestrasse in Frankfurt ? This is serious walking, mon ami.

Gaston ;-)
Posted: 2006-07-07, 11:16 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I've just spent a few days in Brussels so decided to go for a wander down the Aerschotstraat / Rue d'Aerschot (well it would be rude not to!).

I visited there around midnight on Friday night / Saturday morning. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of girls in the 7 - 8.5 mark (on my range), but felt that they were slightly below par in comparison with the wallen.

The good thing is that all the girls are literally in 'the shop window', so that you can have good look up before you make your purchase. The windows are also on a street so that you can go window-shopping without even getting out of your car!

Prices wise it does seem cheaper that the wallen - I went with a nice looking Russian girl who charged 40 euros (+ 2 euros for the madam) for a three-position f&s. The set-up might not be to everyone’s taste - the bed was just behind the window and all that separated us from the other beds was a flimsily curtain, so there was a possibility of hearing or seeing the other customers.

A word of warning - one of locals tried to pickpocket me - don't know if it was a case that I stood out or because they are rampart there.
Overall, I would visit the RLD district if I was in Brussels again, but wouldn't make a special mongering trip to the city.
Posted: 2006-07-08, 12:51 am

EasyE
I have just relocated to Brussels (approx. 3 weeks ago) and have been down to the RLD a few times. I found it to be just fine but kept my distance from everyone, except the ladies of course.

As billybob points out, you can do a drive-by viewing and the rates are a bit less than in AMS. The selection of girls is also less, however, there are some gems. I discovered a very cute Bulgarian (one window north of Le Berry) and have already revisited for an extended session.
bill makes another good point about the privacy (or lack of) in the kamers, and, in my case, a couch vs. a bed. None of this phased me and I’ll be back again soon.

It will never replace “The Wallen Experience” and I look forward to my venture north in a few weeks. It is, however, good when you just gotta have it.

E
English Version
Posted: 2006-07-09, 1:23 am

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
My friend with the red cross and the big sword is quite correct.

The only real translation is "Brothel" a middle english word meaning "uselss person" or "scab" or "parasite". Hence a house named after these ladies.

Of course a big building with lots of small brothels combined, is another concept that just does not exist in English. It would be a "Superbrothel" like a supermarket or perhaps a "Brothel Complex" or "Brothel Mall". It just has no equivalent.

There are of course, many other words for a house where ladies of negotiable affection solicit their trade. That would be, "Cat house" "Wh*rehouse" "Knocking Shop" the archaiic "Stew" "Massage parlour" "House of Ill Fame" "house of ill repute" "House of Ill Fame" and the technical legal term, which is most appropriate and my favourite - a "disorderly house".

I prefer the german version. How funny we have more phrases and words for shagginshops than any other kanguage but none that define exactly what we are talking about. ?!?!?!?
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: