Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Rip off Republic (Ireland)
Posted: 2006-08-09, 9:23 pm

richierebel1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey,
You guys in the Dam are so god damn lucky! Im pissed off. Just paid 300 Euro for an ounce of "Purple Haze" !!!!. This stuff is the biggest load of crap I have ever had the displeasure of smoking. The stuff is almost black in colour, is full of twigs and smokes like tree bark. It just makes you go to sleep. These guys selling this crap are taking the piss and laughing all the way to the bank cos of suckers like me. This is more of the shit thats going on Ireland. Any Irish person will know that Ireland is a rip off country over the last ten years. The price of everything is gone through the roof cos of our supposedly booming economy and even the dealers are getting in on the act! If there was a consumer watchdog for weed buyers they would be getting angry letters from me and my brethren.

Anyways this is exactly why I have just booked a flight to the Dam in September! Fuck it, if some decent cheap weed won't come to me, I'll just have to go to get me some. Might have some change left for a spot of window shopping. Can't fucking wait. Think I'll roll me some tree bark to celebrate!!!
Richie
P.S Three cheers to Amsterdam and two fingers to those f*ckers who sold me this shite Im smoking!!!
Re: Rip off Republic (Ireland)
Posted: 2006-08-09, 10:10 pm

Nitrostar
300 euros for an ounce? Good grief! I thought the UK was expensive. It costs roughly the equivalent of 150-175 euros here for an ounce and we tend to get reasonable gear too,
Posted: 2006-08-09, 10:29 pm

richierebel1
Your right, its fucking daylight robbery. The thing is, where Im from up to about two years ago you could only get hash but at a decent price. Now I can only get weed and because most of the time it is fairly good, these assholes charge what they like and because its a sellers market cos of eejits like me. This time though the weed sucks big time! Ah well, Im sure I forget about it when I smokin up and drinking beer in 28 days and counting!

Richie
Posted: 2006-08-09, 11:50 pm

soylent Power Kat
The fact that you're getting the real deal in Amsterdam as far as quality goes is what makes it great. The weeds still expensive though. At 12,50 euro per gram, Arjan's haze #2 comes to a cool 350 euro for an ounce. For 10 euro per gram you're still paying close to 300 an ounce, and you're getting what I would consider mediocre stuff for the most part. Mediocre for Amsterdam at least. There's a similair situation in a lot of the U.S. as well as far as outlandish supply/demand rip-offs go. I feel your pain.
Posted: 2006-08-10, 12:06 am

aldo
Should normally the price eur/gram go down if you buy 100 gr or more, instead of just 1 gr !?

I think calculations you're doing for prices in Amsterdam are not correct...

Regards,
Posted: 2006-08-10, 12:44 am

papawhiteheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Dude, yeah that stufff is godawful! My wife and I were in Amsterdam at the end of our trip with one hour before we had to go to the airport. We decided to buy one last bag. We went into someplace I'd never been and bought some purple haze. What an awful bag to end the trip on! Ug! never again!
Posted: 2006-08-11, 12:57 am

jonny5
Yeah, the Purple Haze is basically just a tourist trap type weed.

It looks great, but that's just the color. It doesn't get you very high at all.

Many types of weed will get purplish in color, but usually only at their "senescent" stage.
By that time, the THC content is virtually nothing.

Sure looks cool, though!
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: