Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Frankfurt: Hotels near the RLD????????????
Posted: 2006-08-21, 2:41 pm

CANDYMANICE
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know any hotels near the RLD, close enough to the RLD

yet not right in the middle of it???

And any other Frankfurt info is appreciated..

Thanks

CANDY
Re: Frankfurt: Hotels near the RLD????????????
Posted: 2006-08-21, 6:58 pm

peptoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hotel Excelsior and Hotel Monopol- sister hotels- free extensive and varied breakfast served until 11 AM, free minibar, free internet (fast computers with printers), free newspapers, free daytime snacks in the lobby. Around 54 euro per night at Excelsior, around 64 euro at Monopol- for single room during non- Messe times. Much more during Messe. About two blocks from the RLD. My headquarters in Frankfurt.

doog
pepto
Posted: 2006-08-22, 12:54 am

noreaga
where is the RLD in Frankfurt anyways ? I will be staying in a hostel that is quite close to the Hauptbanhof myself, when I am there in November.
Posted: 2006-08-22, 1:14 am

peptoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
It's east of the Hauptbahnhof, Kaiserstraat is the main drag.
I'd stay away from this rip off area and head to an FKK.
pepto
Posted: 2006-08-23, 12:02 am

chivaz
norega, the RLD is almost next to the hauptbanhof. It is about 200-300 meters walk north.

Forget the RLD, cut your losses and head straight for FKK. 10 euro taxi to FKK Palace.

Chivaz
Posted: 2006-08-23, 12:53 am

noreaga
Palace, here I come :-)

Thats a good place right ? Seems to have gotten good reviews on here . Im afraid I wont have time for World or Oase.

As for the RLD, it would be interesting just to walk through. Is it not safe ?
Posted: 2006-08-23, 3:53 am

chivaz
yeah, RLD is pretty safe. During daytime it is just like any other part of town in terms of safety and during nighttime, just use your senses and you'll be fine. I have walked through there at all times in many different levels of drunkiness and never had any problems, but I am always somewhat aware of my surroundings.

Although the RLD is not a "touristy" place like the Amsterdam RLD, It is still not a bad place to hang around, grab a beer, browse in the sex shops etc. You can even walk through some of the Eros centers / Laufhauses (it is a good cardio workout), but save your money and use them at Palace.

And please do not let one of those guys outside the "sex shows" lure you into their establishment. You will leave poorer. Just ignore them.

Chivaz
Posted: 2006-08-23, 7:39 am

G.laGaffe Power Kat
I would definitively do a walk through the F'furt RLD.

It;s just too, er, interesting, not to do so. All the offerings that you can see while walking along the Amsterdam canals (and alleyways) have to be checked-out house-for-house, climbing a zillion stairs (a good cardio thing indeed !) up and down again. Best IMHO is the enormous Laufhaus along Elbestrasse which has corridors along a courtyard, four floors and the luxury of decent toilets and an ATM in the basement. You can't beat Germans on sheer practicality - I loved it.
It's the only place where I ever consumed in Frankfurt - trust me, I would not do it again and, being older and wiser, head directly for an FKK. but the walk is still nice. And some Turkish snack joints along, what is it, Taunusstrasse ?, offer pretty good food.

enjoy !

Gaston
Posted: 2006-08-23, 12:35 pm

paladin
"It's east of the Hauptbahnhof, Kaiserstraat is the main drag.
I'd stay away from this rip off area and head to an FKK."
pepto

Ahhhh, but pepto, some people enjoy coal mining. It's been many a year now, but I have had some wonderful times in the Eros Centers, before I knew of the FKKs. And on a recent trip, did I see some stunners from all over the world (Poland and Colombia seemed to have the best collection).

However, once one becomes acclimated to the FKK experience, it's IMHO kind of hard to go back. Still, it takes all kinds.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: