Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Frankfurt FKK Questions
Posted: 2006-08-22, 1:18 am

poondog
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello All,

I will be in Frankfurt for three nights and i wanted to know what is the best way to get to world and oase by train? I have been to palace and that is a cheep cab ride but world and Oase i have only been when i rented a car and this trip i am not. Thanks for the help.

Regards
Poondog
Re: Frankfurt FKK Questions
Posted: 2006-08-22, 11:04 am

Shiatsu and Cordelia
Poondog - when are you going?

To FKK World

Firstly, Giessen is 70km from Frankfurt and easily accessible by halfhourly (usually) direct train, taking around 40 minutes. If you can't understand the ticket machines go to the Reisecentrum and ask for info on getting to Giessen - the staff wil be helpful and explain in English, sell you tickets and give you an itinerary. An RE train is cheaper than an IC and will take no longer -RE costs around 11 euros single

After that get a bus 630 from just outside the station. It is frequent at certain times of the day, but at some times it reduces to more like one an hour.To get detailed timings in advance use the www.bahn.de website

Choose "Int Guests"

Choose "PlanningYour Journey"

Enter Giessen to Pohlheim in the "from" and "to" boxes, then do search

Next screen choose "Advanced Search"

Next screen enter Giessen in "From" box, change "To" box to "address" option and then enter "Pohlheim Garbenteich, Dorf-Guller Strasse" the do search

When options come up chose "Dorf-Guller Str/L3131". Do search

Next screen gives you the itinerary to Sportplatz. You get off here (you can tell because you will have been going down Dorf-Guller str and are just leaving the built up street with a field on the left and a sportground on the right

Once you get off the bus you walk in the direction the bus had been going when you were on it, (not the way the bus goes once you get off it) keep the sportfield to the right of you, cross a railway line. After about 0.5 of a mile you turn left and you are almost in front of FKKW.

The alternative is to get a taxi from Giessen to FKKW one way is 17 euros. Ask for FKK World - they will be delighted as they get a payment from the club for taking you as well as your fare! !

You can do Oase by S Bahn and walking but I've never done it, so I will leave somebody else to give the details

Shiatsu
Posted: 2006-08-22, 11:14 am

Shiatsu and Cordelia
Oase

I have cut and pasted this guide by Rain City from another forum. I trust it is correct but as I say, have never done it myself

"1 At Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof
a) , look for the yellow time schedule sheet and find your tain's departure time and the platform. You need to catch S-5 and Friedrichsdorf is the last train stop of the line.
b) Typically, S-5 leaves from the platform in underground (as I recall, it left from platform 109, if I wasn't mistaken). So, follow the S-bahn signs or your platform number signs.
c) When the train comes to the platform (typically on time), make sure that it's S-5 and the destination is Friedrichsdorf.
d) Once you are on the train, it will take 25 minutes to arrive at Friedrichsdorf train station.

2. At Friedrichsdorf station
a) Get off to your left. There should be a taxi.
b) If no taxi at the station, call 06172 99 77 77 or 06007 99 13 91. Both are local taxi phone numbers in Friedrichsdorf. Having a cell phone is very handy in this case. If not, there is a T mobile public phone at the station, but you may need a calling card.
c) Once you are on the taxi, it takes 5 - 6 minutes and around 8 Euro to Oase.

3 On the way back
It's exactly the same routine, but in the reverse order. I encourage you to check the time of the last train back to Frankfurt at Friedrichsdorf station before taking the taxi. When I went there last time (it was on Saturday), the last train leaves Friedrichsdorf at 0:05. So I made sure that I was able to catch that trian".

Shiatsu
Posted: 2006-08-22, 5:28 pm

poondog
Shiatsu

Thanks for all the great info. I will be in Frankfurt on Sep 14,15 and 16th, With my limited time there do you think i should try to hit all the clubs or just stick with one choice like palace?

Best Regards
Poondog
Posted: 2006-08-22, 7:57 pm

Shiatsu and Cordelia
Hi

Shame - I'll just miss you. Personally I would try to do World and Oase just to compare - then you'll know which you like best!

Shiatsu
Posted: 2006-08-22, 9:33 pm

Fusco
You can rent a car for 5 euros here: http://www.sixti.com/cgi-perl/rental/el?language=en

The gas is more expensive than the car.

In my experience that rate seems to apply on weekdays. It's more like 20 euros for weekend days for some reason. You don't need an international driver's license.

If you're going to World, I would just rent a car.
Posted: 2006-08-22, 9:47 pm

Shiatsu and Cordelia
Fusco - I think as you say, it is best to rent a car. It increases options so much,. Personally I've never managed to get that 5E rate (which is mileage restricted), - usually i end up paying 25 to 40 Euros with other hire companies (depending on length of hire) and still think it's worth it. Possible then to do Oase and World easily on the same day (one day I did Palace as well!!)
Shiatsu
Posted: 2006-08-22, 10:28 pm

Fusco
Hi Shiatsu

When I come over they give me the 5 euro rate for Thursday and Friday but not Saturday.

Not sure we've ever met. I think I missed you at World by 5 seconds once. We may have passed in the doorway. I was coming in and you were walking out. Met the lovely Cordelia though.

See you this weekend?
Posted: 2006-08-23, 10:00 am

Shiatsu and Cordelia
Fusco - Afraid not. Will be there the 8,9,10,11 September. Hope you have a good tiem this weekend. Shiatsu
Posted: 2006-08-23, 12:28 pm

paladin
Palace is located 200m from U-bahn Industriehof. I would only use a taxi after 0100.

It's about a 2km walk to World from Garbenteich-Polheim train stop.

All three places have their plusses and minuses, but I'd definitely say, based on my last visit recently, Oase is a little better than World, although World by far has the better facility. This of course, can all change between now and your visit.
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: