Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Uberchef's Unexpected Return
Posted: 2005-04-19, 9:36 pm

uberchef
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetings friends,

Due to some major developments on a personal front, I found myself yesterday seeking solace through my daily navigation through the usual portals checking weekend fares to Amsterdam...

In true goldilocks fashion, after finding several fares that were on the right days but too expensive, then several on the wrong days that were quite affordable when suddenly I found something that was just right! After some hushed conversation with a trusted confidant and some personal mulling-over, I simply clicked on *confirm order*.

Today, I find myself $491 USD poorer, but with a smile on my face and an electronic ticket to Amsterdam in my name for the weekend of May 13-15. It is so damn strange that one can make definite and potentially life-changing travel plans with the click of their finger. What a world we live in.

So, I'll be once again in the Dam for a short time next month. Figured I'd put out a line and see who on the board will be around for a possible ignatz-meet up/smoke.

Also, thought to appeal to the group for recommendations on any May-specific events/art exhibitions/kamers/restaurants/concerts etc. that might be of interest! Not necessarily limited to the City centre either. I'm actually hoping to make it out to Haarlem, Alkmaar, Zaanse Shanze, Enkhuisen or another day-trip destination this time around. I know some of you cats are local Amsterdammers and I was hoping to do some different things this time around, so let the suggestions flow if you've got one.

Cheers and tot ziens!
~uber.
Re: Uberchef's Unexpected Return
Posted: 2005-04-19, 11:32 pm

El Burro
Hey Chef, when are you coming back to Spain? You really should taste the local puti scene next time!

Posted: 2005-04-20, 12:31 am

uberchef
Howdy El B, puti-maestro!

I can't rightly describe in words the primal motivations that repeatedly draw me to Amsterdam as a destination. Especially in this instance, when some personal matters between me and the real GF led me to take such action as booking a flight!

Regardless, you are the man in Madrid. When my travels take me back through your lovely and vibrant city, rest assured I'll be doing my best to hook up with you for a guided tour of Floral Park etc. ;o) arriba!

Thanks as always El B.
~Uber
Re: Uberchef's Unexpected Return
Posted: 2005-04-20, 4:13 pm

420 Power Kat
Uberchef,

I will be returning to Amsterdam/PHG/FRA area betweem May 6-16. Most likely will be camped out at World FKK the weekend of the 13-15th so if your UP to it, take the ICE down and your in for the experience of a lifetime. Will be wandering around the Dam for the first few days before taking a mini-excursion to parts unknown (yet).

Have fun,,

[ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: