Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Best place to watch World Cup
Posted: 2006-06-21, 3:32 pm

gezellig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetings Gents

England play Ecuador on Sunday at 5pm, followed by (I hope) Holland v Portugal at 9pm. Please can anyone recommend the best smoking-friendly place to watch these two games? I'm thinking the Leidseplein area since we're staying in The Rookies and the bigger screen the better really.

Thanks in advance.
G~
Re: Best place to watch World Cup
Posted: 2006-06-21, 4:27 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
smoking bull cafe/bar an lange neizel they have 4 tellys an i think a big screen (they used to have a big screen anyway. Watched loads of games in there over the years cant beat it. Doesnt matter where your seated or how busy it is you can always see a telly screen.
Posted: 2006-06-21, 5:19 pm

Luther Head
I was allowed to smoke at that Satellite Sports Bar right on the Leidseplein (to the left of the Bulldog) during the American football season. Can't recommend the food though, eat somewhere else.
Rookies has a decent sized plasma Tv now, but you really need to be right in front of it to see properly. Get there early.
The problem with all these venues is that they will be packed with people and too crowded for my taste. I'll probably chill in front of the Tv here at my place.
As far as when the Dutch play, the Leidseplein has great atmosphere with everyone wearing orange. During the last Dutch game I found a seat at the Dolphin's bar right in front of the plasma and that was a chill place to watch and of course you can smoke.
Posted: 2006-06-21, 5:51 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-06-21, 8:21 pm

martin6661
The Globe Hotel !
Posted: 2006-06-22, 8:33 am

HCSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Memory a bit hazy now but during the last World Cup we went to the Satellite Sports Cafe for England v Brazil and it was jam packed so we moved. Either next door or a few along to the right was another bar with a big screen at the back, just the right amount of people and a great atmosphere. Can't remember the smoking rules though :-(

HC
Posted: 2006-06-24, 4:58 pm

lou scannon
Agree with the post recommending the Smoking Bull.
The Abraxas coffeeshop has a huge screen and really friendly staff and clientele - I watched 2 matches here.
Posted: 2006-06-25, 2:27 am

v3rm33r
I would recommend getting over to Amnesia, great coffeeshop and they are showing the footie!! Watched a match there on monday, but don't remember much about it ;-)
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: