Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
show me your city
Posted: 2006-09-19, 3:42 pm

jeanjean
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi to all,

I am going to spend fews days in amsterdam on november 9 to the 14 is going to be my first time there..Anyone who knowes this city can tell me where i have to go or any nice place to spend some great time during days and night or maby if any one go there in the same periode can show me RLD and the better plan.Not like a touriste....
regrads,
jeanjean
Re: show me your city
Posted: 2006-09-19, 3:50 pm

french7034
Fuck man, where do we start...

Search, preferably for numeroues hours!

Frenchy

Posted: 2006-09-19, 4:24 pm

jeanjean
Hi Frenchy

Are you going to be there in november???
do you know any nice hotel there not to far to the RDL ???
Posted: 2006-09-19, 4:32 pm

withnail Power Kat
my friend, there are 1001 answers to these questions in the search facility hidden away at the top of this page. please avail yourself of this very useful function. the question of hotels close to red light district has been asked SO many times, please at least do a little research. in fact if you look to the left of this message you see two drop down menus. the lower of the two has an option 'RLD hotels' - perhaps click there for starters...

withnail
Posted: 2006-09-19, 4:48 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-09-19, 6:15 pm

jeanjean
thanks to all...
see you there ...
jeanjean
Posted: 2006-09-20, 5:46 am

michaelk
my suggestion:

1. Get a hotel in heart of Amsterdam, inside Herengracht canal preferably

2. Get a good map, a very good map. Streetwise brand is best I've found, at Barnes&Noble in the US at least

3. Be ready to walk, best to stay inside the Singel canal. (unless looking for something specific like the van gogh museum). It's a beautiful city to explore. Even without the drugs and prostitutes, it's an absolutely beautiful city, sit by a canal and read a book watch the people, or drink a beer with a beautiful dutch girl, watch football with the dutch guys, etc

4. Make sure your walk takes you through the rld... you'll get up the "nerve" if that's what you want. It's on every map, center of amsterdam, no guide required for that. (you're better off without one). The girls are all nice, never any problems for me. Give no attitude and it'll be a snap (of course, avoid the girls with obviously sour looks/ cold eyes).

5. Tons of bars/ cafes, on your walk, if you see one that looks interesting stop and hang out, talk to people

6. Search the internet, plenty of great sites (although this one is the best for the professional AMS junkies), make a list of things/ places to see, bars/ clubs to pass or check out on your walk. ...other sites are better for maps of coffeshops, club reviews and local goings on about town....

7. Museums are great, try them if you have time.

8. Rembrantplein & Leidesplein (see your map) are both great for nightlife, you're sure to find something that suits you in either square. Both are within a safe and reasonable walking distance of Dam Square.

10. If all else fails, smoke much, ?eat mushrooms?, drink some beer and stay close to the rld, you'll entertain yourself and have a blast.

ps, take money

pps, if you need advice on prostitues or drugs, please refine your question ...we're professionals and happy to help
Posted: 2006-09-20, 2:38 pm

jeanjean
dear michaelk,
Just one thing , you are amazing thank you very mush for your update and hard work i will follow step by step your tour again thank you ...
Jeanjean

ps: after my trip i will post my report
Posted: 2006-09-21, 5:02 am

michaelk
...Thank You, It's nice to feel appreciated. Enjoy every minute of of your trip
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: