Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
cell phones while in amsterdm
Posted: 2006-03-22, 9:49 pm

markcheech
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi, can anyone recommend a place to get a cell phone for a week while in A'dam? The apartment we are renting is a few blocks outside of Leidesplein. We will need to get 3. looking for the best deal. thanks
Re: cell phones while in amsterdm
Posted: 2006-03-22, 10:37 pm

hutchings
for my money, rentals always seemed more expensive than just buying one. find a vodafone or belcompany shop and you can pick up a phone (prepaid) for 30-40 euros or so. if you're looking for cheaper than that, hit up eBay and get yourself some unlocked GSM world phones and take them to a shop in amsterdam to get a SIM and prepaid calling time for them.

H
Posted: 2006-03-22, 11:46 pm

markcheech
thanks for the help! I did not know about the US deal. All our calls will be made to amsterdam, not back home in the US
Posted: 2006-03-23, 12:42 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Our phones work in Amsterdam, but T-Mobile charges .90/minute to use it. When I call my wife's cell that ads up to $1,80 minute between the two of us. I've had T-Mobile unlock my phone anticpating buying a SIM card in Holland. Looking on line, by the time you've paid for the card and the minutes calls in Holland or Holland to the US end up costing as much or more than T-Mobile charges. I know that incoming calls are free when you have a European SIM card, but does anyone know where I can pick up a Dutch SIM card that will cost less than the .90/minute? Thanks.
Posted: 2006-03-23, 2:09 am

loser
Any of the phone shops, I got mine for ten euros with 5 euros worth of minutes and a mail in card to get another ten euros of minutes. so if you have your phone unlocked you can get a vodaphone sim card, or any of the others and they were like 35 cents per minute, and they did have a deal that you only paid for the first three minutes up to an hour if you were calling a land line or other vodaphone customer.
Posted: 2006-03-24, 10:26 pm

patmary
go to any of the unlock phone code sites just stick in you search bar, get code cost me 5e from
https://www.mobileunlocked.com/index.php and did work,,,
all you need to do then is buy a sim card in any fone shop in dam

Posted: 2006-09-22, 1:07 am

JBIG
wow the uS deal sounds interesting but I don't understand why it would cost so much, and do I need to buy a special phone or is this only available if you have T Mobile
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: