Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Best period to visit Amsterdam
Posted: 2011-07-10, 2:22 pm

luci89
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi, what period of the year you think is best to visit Amsterdam? In my last trip, I have been there in april (from 16 to 21) and fortunately this year the weather was good, but in april it's not always so. I love the hot weather, so I think that the best period would be july or august, but the prices should be hight no? Moreover some girls are on holidays... So to find an hot weather (and good prices also ehehe) when I can go there next time?
Re: Best period to visit Amsterdam
Posted: 2011-07-10, 2:55 pm

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
You can't forcast when it'll be nice. July SHOULD be perfect, but I've been there in July when it's freezing and raining non-stop. The weather is very variable, so aim for the period when it SHOULD be warm and take a chance.
Posted: 2011-07-10, 3:21 pm

midsmike
Anytime of year is ok with me but what is important as far as I am concerned is avoiding weekends. I always try to go from a Sunday to a Thursday so missing the majority of stag parties and alike in the RLD. Is busy most time of the year but weekends can be a little crazy but know is not always convenient to go in the week for most people.
Posted: 2011-07-10, 4:11 pm

spanner
I like end of June early July....Rates are it higher seeing it's the peak season, but you have a less likely chance of rain & cooler temps.Yet it's Amsterdam any weather is possible......
Posted: 2011-07-10, 4:28 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
personally, i love anytime from early Sept to early mid Nov. mon/tues/weds
still not too cold or wet, and the majority of tourists have pissed off home
regards

Posted: 2011-07-12, 11:31 pm

AMSBIKER
I'm with Greenhoff.

Ab

Posted: 2011-07-13, 2:52 pm

Royale_w_cheese
I've been there Nov. Jan, Feb,Mar., April and Aug. & Sept. and enjoy the winter-early spring months far better as there less tourist.

1 in 1994
1 in 1995
1 in 1997

3x 2007
3x 2008
2x 2009
2x 2010

But we aren't visiting for the RLD, its mainly to visit friends before heading down to tour Belgium (beer)
Posted: 2011-07-15, 4:08 am

jefke
Well if you really like hot weather (personally i don't) then the standard answer would be july - august.
However it can rain pretty hard during these months too so definitely not a guarantee.

April is known for having lots of rain in the lowlands. May-June is pretty good and can have very nice sunny and warm days. My favorite is september however, not so hot and usually dryer. October is great too but not going to be hot, sun starts to sets earlier which is an advantage if you are eh, window shopping.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: