Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Help Finding a hotel
Posted: 2011-09-14, 3:05 pm

alphadog
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi everyone,

First time poster but ive been reading heaps of stuff on the forums! This site is awesome!

Basically ive always wanted to go to amsterdam to sample the weed and play with the girls ;-) and also visit the museums (cannabis one mainly!). I will be travelling alone for my first time so im completely lost! Ive been searching for hotels that meet the following criteria but i havent had much luck!

Budget is £50 per night, can maybe stretch a little further! Travelling beginning or december.
I dont want to be too far from the red light district or coffee shops (ive read that central station is the best area to stay in for this)
I dont want to share a bathroom and would like my own room.
Doesnt have to include breakfast but ive read that most do anyway.
a safe in the room would be a bonus!! but as most of you say amsterdam is pretty safe so its not essential.
Size of the room is not a big deal, im planning on not being in there a lot anyway!
Cleanliness is important but i wont freak at a little bit of dirt!

Can anyone help me or suggest a hotel? im all for booking direct with the hotel and getting flight seperately as i know the price will drop further!

As im also travelling alone i wouldnt mind meeting up with people from this site and having a smoke and making a few new friends! Im a major pot head haha!!

alphadog
Re: Help Finding a hotel
Posted: 2011-09-14, 4:25 pm

ams2010
Check out http://www.booking.com. Reliable and secure with some hotels that fit your criteria. Examples being: Hotel Royal Taste and hotel Vijaya, right in the red light area, Green Place coffeeshop + many more less than 2 mins walking.

Also check out Amsterdam Cribs website, sometimes you can get a cool apartment at a discounted rate if you stay during the week.
Posted: 2011-09-14, 6:54 pm

Farid747Supporting Member
Supporting Member
alphadog wrote:
Hi everyone,

First time poster but ive been reading heaps of stuff on the forums! This site is awesome!

Budget is £50 per night, can maybe stretch a little further! Travelling beginning or december.
I dont want to be too far from the red light district or coffee shops (ive read that central station is the best area to stay in for this)
I dont want to share a bathroom and would like my own room.
Doesnt have to include breakfast but I've read that most do anyway.
a safe in the room would be a bonus!! but as most of you say amsterdam is pretty safe so its not essential.
Size of the room is not a big deal, im planning on not being in there a lot anyway!
Cleanliness is important but i wont freak at a little bit of dirt!

Can anyone help me or suggest a hotel? im all for booking direct with the hotel and getting flight seperately as i know the price will drop further!

alphadog

Welcome to this site,

I know a hotel that matches your criteria. Hotel Van Gelder conveniently located on the Damrak, 60 EUR (£52) for a single room, breakfast is 5 EUR extra, only if you take a breakfast. I staid there one night 3 years ago. I didn't hear much noise, since my room didn't give onto the Damrak Avenue, not sure if the same goes for all rooms. The rooms are clean and the hotel seems to be well looked after. My only complain was having to go through so many stairs and corridors before getting into my room.

Just be careful at this range of price (under 50 EUR), mostly scams and ratholes. The terrible stories I read on Trip Advisor would be a perfect script for a horror movie. See this page about Hotel Marnix and click on the pictures on the left.

Posted: 2011-09-14, 11:53 pm

NIGHTWALKER
Checkout this place http://www.bulldoghotel.com

its in the heart of the RLD + there's a coffeeshop next door
Posted: 2011-09-30, 6:21 pm

ajaxamsterdamfan
check the Tulip Inn (Terminus) its very popular amongst micers on the site and I stayed there last July and was great!
Posted: 2011-09-30, 6:50 pm

alphadog
thanks for your help everyone! im still looking i still havent quite found the right place yet! :-D
Posted: 2011-10-01, 1:32 am

Anglofil
Personally, I feel that among the 50Euro hotels, the Royal Taste is suprisingly good. Clean and comfortable, well over expectation. Friendly and cool staff, especially Jessica and Michele, who work in the combined pub/reception.
Style-wise though, the retro interior (in some of the rooms) might be a bit too much if you're having a hangover :)
Posted: 2011-10-01, 4:27 pm

rufruf
Royal Taste is OK but be aware that you have to hand your room key in everytime you leave(the owner can also get ass'y if you want to come in and out late at night!!!!!).

Hotel CC is very good IMHO.

Good luck
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: