Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Perceptions without facts
Posted: 2012-11-10, 3:50 pm

mr brightside
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
http://youtu.be/sTPsFIsxM3w
Re: Perceptions without facts
Posted: 2012-11-10, 6:38 pm

will82
An American news channel talking out its ARSE........ FUCKIN HALF-WITS

REGARDS

WILL82
Posted: 2012-11-10, 6:49 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
It's kind of an old clip and was posted here before (along with some links to more videos... apparently O'Reilly saw the Dutch guy's video and responded on his show), but a good reminder of how worthless Fox News is nonetheless.

will82 wrote:
An American news channel talking out its ARSE

Well, this is Bill O'Reilly we're talking about here (that woman at the beginning's a piece of work too... ugh). And Fox News is the media arm of the Republican party, not actually a legitimate news organisation.

I like this clip better (Richard Dawkins on Bill O'Reilly)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0scyrMpin5M

Posted: 2012-11-10, 7:17 pm

Azure
The problem with Anti-prostitution / anti-drug supporters is, they really are not motivated by facts or logic, their claims of "wanting to protect people/prostitutes" is simply a cover for their true motivation.

What REALLY motivates these people, is their moral worldview, weather its rightwing christians or radical feminists, they are only interest in pushing their own "narrow" moral agenda on to society as a whole.

Do you really think these people would change their position, if it was proven scientifically that legalization actually reduced crime/trafficking/pimping, and increase public safty ????..... Absolutley not ! these assholes wouldnt care in the slightest, they would just deny any such findings and carry on their moral crusade.

Both Religious groups and radical feminists, take the "moral" position that "the human body/sex is not a commodity", both have different reasons, but their both after the same goal.

IMO winds of change are in our favour, the christian right has been slowly losing influence in european society for near a century, securalism is on the increase (islam aside unfortunately), and the 2nd wave feminists are slowly being replaced by the 3rd wave which is more open minded and tolerant in regards to sex workers and the industry as a whole.

so f**k Bill O'reilly, he's a dinosaur, him and his veiws belong in a frikkin museum :)
Posted: 2012-11-11, 1:16 pm

jefke
Azure wrote:
IMO winds of change are in our favour, the christian right has been slowly losing influence in european society for near a century, securalism is on the increase (islam aside unfortunately), and the 2nd wave feminists are slowly being replaced by the 3rd wave which is more open minded and tolerant in regards to sex workers and the industry as a whole.

You are right about christianity losing influence in western europe but I'm not sure about the new generation of feminist
being more open minded. In northern europe both sweden and norway have adopted 'the swedish model' which is a flawed concept based on radical feminist ideas. The govt of Sweden claims it is a success (although they have no data to support this claim) and wants to 'sell' it to other countries.

I believe I've read in UK press some time ago that there was interest in this model by some politicians, and I also heard it being used as an argument in dutch media, usually by people who do not know what they are talking about.

I hope you are right, but at least in northern europe it is not the case.
Posted: 2012-11-11, 7:17 pm

Azure
@ jefke

I'll deal with the feminist issue first...

The feminists that are in a position to currently effect government policy are 2nd wavers, 40 years and over, and yes they are very radical in many respects. (prime example would be someone like harriet harman)

the 3rd wave are those who were born after the 70's, they arnt yet in positions of influence, but will be inevitably. And thankfully they are on the whole, more moderate/liberal than the previous generation.

As for europe as a whole, i view the issue of acceptance of the sex industry, as like that of a tide thats coming in, not every wave that rolls up the shore will go further than the one before it, but over the long run the tide does appear to me to be moving in a direction that favours a more liberal attitude towards the sex industry.

New Zealand is a great example, and its legal model of the industry, is being studied by nations across the world, but its not going to be an easy fight, the official government report on the effect of legalizing prostition in New Zealand shows positive signs, its by no means perfect, but its showing progress.

TBH i dont think the majority of the general public are against legal prostition, the concern for most "reasonable" people is can it be effectively managed, does it reduce crime, are the women actually safer from pimping/trafficking.

As much as i love Amsterdams RLD, i have to admit its far from perfect, its still not accepted as a legitimate business model (example being banks who refuse to do business with window/brothel owners), Its still very difficult to Tax prostition in Amsterdam, reforms/changes to how the industry operates needs to take place to ensure greater state/government support for the industry due to increased tax revenue.

Heres my 2 cents: When one of the major western governments actually figues out how to get its hands on the money the sex industry generates, through a viable model of regulation, it will be almost impossible for it to go back to criminalization. The money the sex industry generates is massive, you can bet your ass the figues people tout are just a fraction of what the industry actually generates, IMO its waay more than fags and booze combined, so there is alot of incentive for any state to get at that money.

..The problem governments have historically had with the prostitution trade, is they have never been able to effectively get their hands on the money, so theres sod all incentive to stand up to the religious/feminist nutbags on this issue.

Question is: how do you effectively tax the industry, whilst keeping the majority of the public happy that its not intruding into or effecting their lives or that of their families ?
Posted: 2012-11-12, 4:34 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Bluto,

The woman in the video is Margaret Hoover, granddaughter of former President Herbert Hoover.
I believe she once worked for Dept. of Commerce. She is hardly a drug policy expert.
You are not supposed to listen to her.
To truly appreciate Fox News, you are supposed to turn the sound off, and ask yourself
"Would I do her?"
See. Much better, isn't it?

Weasel

Posted: 2012-11-12, 5:40 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
OK Let's Play!

Why yes! Yes I would!

inline image

Posted: 2012-11-12, 6:00 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
OK, but I'm going to need some gear. Get me some rope, a ball gag, an especially large butt plug, and a 3 foot leather strap.

inline image

Posted: 2012-11-12, 7:01 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Neurosynth,

That the way to do it!

[ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: