Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Windows and Corona
Posted: 2020-03-16, 4:37 am

rheingau Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Just heard from my favourite girl:
The windows will be closed by all offices for three weeks from Monday!!
Re: Windows and Corona
Posted: 2020-03-16, 3:03 pm

gordanbennet
Two girls working on Monday afternoon at Stofsteeg. Jasmin and another.
Posted: 2020-03-16, 4:19 pm

dorps
Yep this sounds believable. Large prive’s have announced closure as well.

In February, I really didn’t think the situation would become this bad...
Posted: 2020-03-16, 6:32 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Some agencies here in Toronto are ceasing operation. It’s expected that a lockdown will be announced here within the next day or so. Some agencies are still accepting bookings currently, but that may change soon. I have a booking for Thursday evening so I’m hoping I’ll get lucky with that one, but we’ll see I guess.

Very interesting times we live in. I’m not too worried, I’ve been practising social distancing for a few weeks now already, and I’m pretty well stocked with food and supplies so I very well could just not go out at all for the next month or two. Hope it doesn’t come to that, but I’m ready.
Posted: 2020-03-16, 8:30 pm

lightmeup
Wow man, sounds like you’re really well prepared. London isn’t taking this corona virus seriously and I’m just praying that we don’t get hit as hard as Italy where people are dying en masse. I’ve booked a hotel in Amsterdam at the very end of may with free cancellation and no money up front. I figure that I’ve got right up to 27th may to decide if it’s possible to go or not. Let’s see.
Posted: 2020-03-16, 8:52 pm

grimnul Power Kat
lightmeup wrote:
Wow man, sounds like you’re really well prepared. London isn’t taking this corona virus seriously and I’m just praying that we don’t get hit as hard as Italy where people are dying en masse. I’ve booked a hotel in Amsterdam at the very end of may with free cancellation and no money up front. I figure that I’ve got right up to 27th may to decide if it’s possible to go or not. Let’s see.

Yeah, you know, I don’t know how bad this virus actually is. From the numbers we’re seeing thus far, I’m guessing not actually all that bad, but it’s still better to get ahead of this thing just in case. Even if we’re not really at much risk, probably best to do what we can to slow the spread as much as we can. Many of the people dying in Italy are dying because they can’t get treatment, because the hospitals are slammed. Completely preventable deaths, but there just isn’t the space, resources, or manpower to get these people what they need. We need to all do our part to reduce the strain on healthcare systems all over the world, and that means try your best not to get exposed. Don’t be one of those absolute muppets lining up to get into crammed bars for St. Patrick’s Day. We can get drunk later (or just stay at home and drink there).

I’m just trying to do my part and be smart about this.
Posted: 2020-03-17, 5:28 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Welp, we’re officially in lockdown. Agencies are suspending bookings until after March 31st, my booking for Thursday is cancelled. Shit. Very understandable, though. We all have to make sacrifices now to keep each other safe.
Posted: 2020-03-18, 4:20 am

officematt2002
grimnul wrote:
lightmeup wrote:
Yeah, you know, I don’t know how bad this virus actually is. From the numbers we’re seeing thus far, I’m guessing not actually all that bad, but it’s still better to get ahead of this thing just in case. Even if we’re not really at much risk, probably best to do what we can to slow the spread as much as we can. Many of the people dying in Italy are dying because they can’t get treatment, because the hospitals are slammed. Completely preventable deaths, but there just isn’t the space, resources, or manpower to get these people what they need. We need to all do our part to reduce the strain on healthcare systems all over the world, and that means try your best not to get exposed. Don’t be one of those absolute muppets lining up to get into crammed bars for St. Patrick’s Day. We can get drunk later (or just stay at home and drink there).

I think you missed how this virus can be quite devastating, because it spreads so fast and because it overwhelms the entire health care system.
Posted: 2020-03-18, 4:54 am

grimnul Power Kat
officematt2002 wrote:
grimnul wrote:
lightmeup wrote:

I think you missed how this virus can be quite devastating, because it spreads so fast and because it overwhelms the entire health care system.

No, I know that. That’s why social distancing is important and why I’m doing my part by staying in. I meant more in terms of the virus itself, like, if you caught it, how good/bad are your chances overall? I mean it that sense it doesn’t seem terribly dangerous unless you’re elderly or immunocompromised. It’s absolutely dangerous in that it could cause a spike of cases that would overwhelm the system and cause a lot more deaths because people who need treatment can’t get it. I am absolutely saying that everyone needs to take this seriously now and do their part, I’m just saying I’m not particularly worried about my own safety.
Posted: 2020-03-18, 10:44 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
When this first hit the news i thought this was just media
over doing it.

This is now very real and could go on for sometime.
I have a elderly mum who has previous conditions.
Glad i travelled when i did.

I wonder what will happen to the girls.
Posted: 2020-03-18, 10:44 pm

averagejoe
RED LIGHT UNITED twitter account is writing about it. its some kind of unofficial union for the girls in the Red Light district

please use google translate
https://twitter.com/redlightunited/stat ... 1803389953
Posted: 2020-03-19, 7:41 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I travelled back from Amsterdam on Monday (16th March), just as the government were introducing measures to close schools, restaurants e.t.c.

These measures mention "sex clubs" which presumably includes the windows - in any case the RLD appeared to be dead on Monday lunchtime (officially the measures were coming into force at 18:00).

The Alkmaar windows were all closed on Sunday night.

So yeah... as rheingau mentioned it looks like the windows are all closed until at least 6 April.

[ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: