Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 54 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: The current state of play...
Posted: 2020-09-14, 11:45 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Shinken69 wrote:
If there is no local insight to share, I’ll just watch and wait.

Oh, yeah, I just kind of skimmed this thread to be honest. But I don't have much insight beyond what's been reported in the news (dutchnews.nl is a good resource for English speakers, FYI.) Personally the only change I've noticed here recently is a local Albert Heijn requiring the use of shopping carts (and removing the baskets) with the idea that this will help people maintain the recommended 1.5 meter distance. Makes sense I guess. Masks still required in public transportation. Not aware of any other restrictions on the horizon at the moment, although I guess I may have to go visit some girls soon the way things are going, you never know.

Posted: 2020-09-15, 12:14 am

dorps
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
officematt2002 wrote:
‘An increase in testing could be raising it artificially.’ Are you actually serious? I’m face palming for you right now. Smh. Please don’t bring that kind of nonsense to this forum.

This is entirely unacceptable.

Don't try to play moderator.

Don't abuse other members for daring to hold a different view.

Unfortunately, the discussion surrounding the coronavirus/Wuhan flu/Chinese AIDS/whatever has become politicized to the point that no rational discussion is possible on a forum like this. With all the lies floating around and, still, an actual lack of understanding of many aspects of the disease, there is no clear "right answer" here. Pretending otherwise just makes you look like a jerk.

Totally, we could have been quite abusive about members coming on here and stating “everyone has their tastes” regarding their RLD; I mean it’s so far-fetched to think there might be people on this forum into the RLD...

Also, why is it so absurd to think that the increase in testing is raising numbers? It’s widely reported that far more testing is now being carried out. Obviously we don’t know the actual reason but to be abusive about the increased testing potential reason seems a bit odd to me.
Posted: 2020-09-15, 12:31 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
dorps wrote:
Also, why is it so absurd to think that the increase in testing is raising numbers? It’s widely reported that far more testing is now being carried out. Obviously we don’t know the actual reason but to be abusive about the increased testing potential reason seems a bit odd to me.

Let's just leave it be at this point. I really wasn't trying to derail and kill this thread.

I think everyone is still interested in the original topic: reports on the ground. I don't make it to De Wallen much these days but I hope others continue to share their experiences here.

Posted: 2020-09-15, 12:06 pm

officematt2002
I was never trying to moderate for one, but was stating my surprise that I was in company with those that hold anti-science points of view. Regardless, I am here to talk about girls and to get intel on when I may return for a visit.
Posted: 2020-09-15, 2:03 pm

rheingau Power Kat
Back to the original topic:

I have visited the Wallen 28-29/09 and 10/09. The Red Jackets and the police are ring fencing the Wallen and enforcing masks from 8 pm onwards on the weekend night, also, for example, stopping people entering Oude Kennis from OZA, you have to go around Stoofsteeg.

Lots of occupied windows in the evenings, lots of tourists on Friday/Sat, but not as many as before the COVID era.

In the day time, I didn't look at OZA, but on Dolleb, maybe 4 - 6 girls, Tromp, I only saw 2, on Oude Kennis lots of girls.

Tromp, Dolleb, St. Annen, Oude Kennis, Stoof just about full from 8 - 9 pm through to 4 am. Just like before!

I have future visits for the near term planned.......
Posted: 2020-09-19, 7:25 pm

kal77uk
There is little change to the RLD of Amsterdam from pre-COVID. 15/9 to 18/9. The number of girls is hugely down before the late night crowds start. Daytime is now more a selfie taking pastime. The main RLD does have less windows occupied. Some display lights just for the sake of it. I would say there is a difference between windows and actual girls.

The 3 police interactions that happened whilst I was there involved Brits-how shameful. The fast food joints, small shops were deserted. At 10pm I was the only sit-in customer at KFC on Damrak!!

Singel has less girls but could be down to COVID, but the drop is very noticeable. De Pijp is more for locals and they get the bargain time.

Times have changed for now I suppose but I wont return to Amsterdam in a hurry.
Posted: 2020-09-19, 7:53 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
Numbers are spiking, worse than ever.
What’s driving it??
Worldometer Netherlands

Posted: 2020-09-20, 1:10 am

dorps
Shinken69 wrote:
Numbers are spiking, worse than ever.
What’s driving it??
Worldometer Netherlands

I won't comment otherwise we could get some very strange replies accusing 'anti-science'...

kal77uk wrote:
There is little change to the RLD of Amsterdam from pre-COVID. 15/9 to 18/9. The number of girls is hugely down before the late night crowds start. Daytime is now more a selfie taking pastime. The main RLD does have less windows occupied. Some display lights just for the sake of it. I would say there is a difference between windows and actual girls.

The 3 police interactions that happened whilst I was there involved Brits-how shameful. The fast food joints, small shops were deserted. At 10pm I was the only sit-in customer at KFC on Damrak!!

Singel has less girls but could be down to COVID, but the drop is very noticeable. De Pijp is more for locals and they get the bargain time.

Times have changed for now I suppose but I wont return to Amsterdam in a hurry.

I was there 2 months ago and at that time the number of girls were around 75% of pre-covid levels - so a drop but not hugely down as you indicate is the case in the daytime. Also the fast food joints and small shops were not deserted - again there were obviously less people but certainly not deserted. During the day the City Centre shopping areas were busy.

I certainly was not put off returning to Amsterdam. It sounds as though the rising numbers have quietened the place down a bit now. The daily cases have risen from 200 to 2000 since I went, although daily deaths have only risen from 4 to 7 across the country. It may be my fearless mentality, but that death rate doesn't unduly worry me.
Posted: 2020-09-20, 3:55 pm

pw999
Sounds like you can currently visit an Amsterdam coffeeshop in the city centre without feeling like a sardine in a can. ;)
Posted: 2020-09-24, 9:26 pm

Vkcs20
Weird, can't seemed to be able to post on this specific thread.
Posted: 2020-09-24, 9:27 pm

Vkcs20
Managed to post now!

Another lockdown in the UK atm and Netherlands is no longer in the list of safe air corridors bollocks!

Are the rlds still operational?
Posted: 2020-09-24, 10:46 pm

averagejoe
just got back from amsterdam.
nothing new to add , I can only confirm previous contributors.

- fewer mongers daytime and also mixed up with families. I dont think this area is a place for children (just my opinion)
- regarding girls. Windows seemed to be more or less like before ? at leaste afternoon (daytime) and evenings were at least semi full... Trompettersteeg was totally empty daytime ( hmm strange...?)

up until to noon there were rather empty but I would say it was last year also.

might do a trip review from this trip...
Posted: 2020-09-25, 8:16 pm

pw999
Also decided to pay a quick visit to Amsterdam and De Wallen before the big "corona-winter" starts... Pretty amazing to walk through De Wallen at night with like 50 times less people. Very little going on at day-time indeed but the night seemed rather normal.

At OzA 3/3 (according to the RLD map) was a blonde-haired, little Russian stunner. Like 5'1-5'3 tall, under 90 pounds probably, enhanced breasts, and over 30 years old (according to herself). I decided to go for a BJ for 50, with an option for more. Unfortunately, she did a very unmotivated job and was the typical OzA-rip-off. Still, what a babe. I would go broke if her service was good. ;)

Does anyone kow the young girl that always sits on a chair with her legs apart and has some kind of "Mickey Mouse-ear"-hairstyle? She worked Wednesday-night on OzA 25/BL. Would love to know if I missed out on something good or dodged a bullet lol.
Posted: 2020-09-26, 12:37 am

kal77uk
averagejoe wrote:
just got back from amsterdam.
nothing new to add , I can only confirm previous contributors.

- fewer mongers daytime and also mixed up with families. I dont think this area is a place for children (just my opinion)
- regarding girls. Windows seemed to be more or less like before ? at leaste afternoon (daytime) and evenings were at least semi full... Trompettersteeg was totally empty daytime ( hmm strange...?)

up until to noon there were rather empty but I would say it was last year also.

might do a trip review from this trip...

Have to agree with the above. DeWallen was dry. The night time was busier, but with more yobs around. I saw 2 police interventions within 1 hour. Both involving Brits (one sounded like assault and the other was money related). Daytime- afraid so many empty windows and this was the case pre-COVID.
 [ 54 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: