Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Wallen shut down Saturday Night due to crowds?
Posted: 2020-07-19, 6:11 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
The Associated Press is reporting that authorities shut parts of the Wallen last night due to crowds and fears about social distancing.
Did anyone see this?
What got shut?
It's not likely that I will be welcome back in the Netherlands for a few years, but I still have dreams.
Maybe be Wim or Bluto will sponsor me for a "Love Passport"!

Weasel

Posted: 2020-07-19, 8:44 pm

rollmech
On amsterdam.nl website its says that measures are in place to stop crowds in de wallen on friday/saturday night with temporary restrictions if necessary. Good info about what measures they are taking. Watching everything closely as due to be over in 5 weeks, thankfully not on friday saturday night.
Re: Wallen shut down Saturday Night due to crowds?
Posted: 2020-07-19, 9:19 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
I wasn't there and hadn't heard anything about it until I saw your message but I'm not surprised. The last time I was there (Friday afternoon), keeping the recommend 1.5m distance was already impossible, so I can only imagine it got worse in the evening and of course on Saturday. Just found this article: https://nltimes.nl/2020/07/19/amsterdam ... ers-banned

Speaking of the article, it took me forever to figure out where the picture (street with windows at the top) was taken and I'm still not 100% sure. But assuming it's Amsterdam, I guess it has to be Oude Nieuwstraat with the photographer closer to the Lijnbaansteeg end, facing towards Korte Korsjespoortsteeg.

weasel9x9 wrote:
It's not likely that I will be welcome back in the Netherlands for a few years, but I still have dreams.

I would be surprised if Americans are not allowed back this year. But I don't know any more than you do so we'll see. It's not even clear to me if the US is actually doing worse than other countries or if the numbers are just a reflection of a greater number of people being tested relative to other countries.

weasel9x9 wrote:
Maybe be Wim or Bluto will sponsor me for a "Love Passport"!

Lol, yeah, I would be happy to help if I could. I'm actually still waiting for my residence permit, after the IND told me it was a done deal. Maybe they discovered the depths of my degeneracy and want to deport me after all!

Posted: 2020-07-20, 6:14 am

Supporting Member
I have to do more research on the "Love Passport" thing.
Apparently people that have never met in person, but are in love on line are applying.
I know there is an angle to be played here, but I don't quite have it figured out yet.
Maybe Sabrina or Haley will sponsor me. We've actuaaly met. In Person. Repeatedly.
My return would be good for the economy. I support many local causes.
Efforting....

The pic is the Singel, ONS looking north, with #12 on your left.
Yanni. Mmmmm....

P.S. The numbers are complete garbage. Some anxious assholes are getting tested once a week, and a local motorcycle wreck got classified as a covid death. Useless data.
I also have to point out that the Americans once again win the prize for stupid behavior during crisis. It's unsafe to gather for a funeral or wedding, but when the riots break out, certain mayors are tripping over themselves to be at the front of the parade. No wonder we get extra time-out.

They let the Chinese and the Canadians in.
I mean...Come On...how embarrassing!

Feeling unloved
Weasel

Posted: 2020-07-20, 6:45 am

officematt2002
Hey man! I’m Canadian lol.
Re: Wallen shut down Saturday Night due to crowds?
Posted: 2020-07-20, 3:05 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
I was there on Saturday night.
There was a crowd, but nothing like a normal July Saturday.
There were traffic support people enforcing a one way system in the main RLD.
That is all.

Posted: 2020-07-20, 8:48 pm

Supporting Member
Shinken

That's what I was looking for.
The hall monitors have been there for months, in the yellow vests.
I've seen them try (and fail miserably) to make people walk only one direction down streets.
I was afraid they actually closed down streets, or worse yet, dragged naked guys out of kamers.
I heard there were plans to set up road blocks, and turn people away, but that if you claim to be staying in the neighborhood, there is nothing they can do to stop you.

Weasel

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: