Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
COVID-19 cases are increasing again: Second lockdown imminent?
Posted: 2020-07-23, 10:31 am

jimmy_nova
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
987 new cases in the last week, and an R0 of 1.29. That's 141 cases per day on average, which is nearing the same number as when the lockdown began back in mid-March. There's a few points to be made though:
  • Much more testing is being done now, so higher numbers should probably be expected.
  • The new cases seem to be fairly localised to specific areas.
  • People are practising more cautious behaviour than prior to the March lockdown, so the increase may be slower.
So if this continues, how long do we have until another lockdown? I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking of getting some extra visits in with my favourite girls within the next week or two.

I think we're probably looking at another lockdown within two weeks in a best case scenario.
Re: COVID-19 cases are increasing again: Second lockdown imminent?
Posted: 2020-07-23, 2:06 pm

Bigboyjason
We are now in the zone of where we can start to see the effect of the loosening of the lockdown with pubs open etc... at the moment no major trend increase apart from as you say local areas.

So local lockdowns seem to be the plan, but even if no national lockdown I can see governments around the world stopping international travel - so that way each country can cope with domestic spreading.

Our favourite past time is seen to be a high risk area for this virus, so it could be that the Dutch authorities close the windows again.

If I could go now I would - my hope is December, but if we are to believe the scientists that's when the bad 2nd wave will hit !

Hope all goes well if you do visit over the next few weeks.
Posted: 2020-07-23, 6:36 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Here in Canada, the dickhead millennials are fucking things up for everyone. We’re starting to see a surge of new cases and a massive percentage of them are people under 40. The surge is being attributed to millennials having parties at their homes, or going out drinking and not respecting social distancing. There was a massive beach party in Vancouver last weekend. We’re still way ahead of the Americans, and we’re doing a lot of contact tracing and so-called “cluster busting”, but these kids need to u see stand they’re not invincible and their actions could cause a lot of big problems for a lot of people.

Fucking stay home, Caleb. You can drink indy craft beers and listen to awful music with your horrible friends over Zoom.
Posted: 2020-07-24, 11:18 am

jimmy_nova
So apparently experts want masks to be required in contact professions within 3 days, which of course would include sex work.

I can't speak for all girls, but the girls I've visited post-lockdown are not keen at all on using masks, with some saying they'd rather stop working than be forced to wear a mask. If masks do become a requirement, I expect many girls will probably continue working and just ignore the rule.

I've also heard that this is already happening in Belgium, where masks have been requirement since sex work was allowed again; guys walk in and out wearing a mask just in case the police are around, but the masks come off as soon as the curtain is closed.
Posted: 2020-07-24, 11:23 am

RLDfan
Blowjob with a mask is complicated :)
Coming mid august. Hope everything will be ok.
Posted: 2020-07-24, 11:52 am

jimmy_nova
RLDfan wrote:
Blowjob with a mask is complicated :)
Coming mid august. Hope everything will be ok.

Not just blowjobs; the overall experience that any worthwhile girl provides would be completely ruined by the use of masks. Maybe De Wallen girls could get away with it since their services are already so bare bones to begin with, but for any girl who actually offers a decent experience, it would be the equivalent of going to the cinema only to be handed a copy of the script instead of getting to see the actual movie.
Posted: 2020-07-24, 4:32 pm

lilji
grimnul wrote:
Here in Canada, the dickhead millennials are fucking things up for everyone. We’re starting to see a surge of new cases and a massive percentage of them are people under 40. The surge is being attributed to millennials having parties at their homes, or going out drinking and not respecting social distancing. There was a massive beach party in Vancouver last weekend. We’re still way ahead of the Americans, and we’re doing a lot of contact tracing and so-called “cluster busting”, but these kids need to u see stand they’re not invincible and their actions could cause a lot of big problems for a lot of people.

Fucking stay home, Caleb. You can drink indy craft beers and listen to awful music with your horrible friends over Zoom.

As a bar worker in London, it's the golden oldies who are the issue here.

Still trying to hang around the bar space, reaching over the bar and spluttering orders with no masks on.

Maybe we can find a place to stick our boomers with your millennials ? Haha
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: