Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Restaurant Bird
Posted: 2020-07-23, 1:10 pm

PWatt88
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey all,

I often see people talking about the Bird restaurant.

Which one is it? Google tells me there is a Bird Snackbar and a Bird restaurant both on Zeejidk.

Going there for lunch so hoping for a quick reply haha!!
Re: Restaurant Bird
Posted: 2020-07-23, 1:22 pm

jimmy_nova
Same ownership. The main difference is that the restaurant is seated with table service whereas the snack bar is takeaway only.

I've never been to either myself, so I'm not sure how much - if any - variation there is between the menus.
Posted: 2020-07-23, 1:24 pm

PWatt88
Thanks Jimmy! Much appreciated
Posted: 2020-07-23, 5:36 pm

PWatt88
Well.. Gotta say... That was some of the best Thai food I've had outside of Thailand!
Posted: 2020-07-23, 6:30 pm

grimnul Power Kat
jimmy_nova wrote:
Same ownership. The main difference is that the restaurant is seated with table service whereas the snack bar is takeaway only.

I've never been to either myself, so I'm not sure how much - if any - variation there is between the menus.

Actually no, not anymore. I talked to the owner of the snack bar a couple years back, he said they sold the restaurant because they were doing enough business with the snack bar and the rent on the restaurant was too high. The new owner of the restaurant kept the name because of how highly it’s rated on all the review sites. So technically, the snack bar is the “real” Bird. That’s not to say the restaurant isn’t good, I couldn’t say, I e only been to the snack bar, but they are different.
Posted: 2020-07-24, 3:25 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I haven't seen any decline in quality, or any significant change at all, since the main restaurant sold.
I prefer the restaurant. Much larger menu, and I prefer to sit for my meals.
The food at the snack bar is also fine, and I like to stop for soup in the winter.
In the summer is is so damn full that I never get a seat.

Weasel

Posted: 2020-07-24, 9:00 am

bendover1004
I have been getting at least 1 take away a week from The Bird and the quality definitely went up during lockdown. So much so that I would recommend that if you’re in the city now it’s definitely worth the visit. I have eaten at the restaurant probably 6 or 7 times and although it is good the Takeaway is definitely better. Bon appetite
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: