Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Face mask mandatory in parts of Amsterdam
Posted: 2020-07-31, 9:31 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
As of Wednesday, 5 August
The face mask obligation applies to everyone the age of 13 and above in the street and inside shops. The measure will be introduced in phases, starting on 5 August in the Red Light District, the Kalverstraat and the Nieuwendijk shopping streets and the Plein '40 -'45 and the Albert Cuypstraat markets.

https://www.amsterdam.nl/en/news/face-mask-mandatory-parts-amsterdam/

Face mask mandatory in parts of Amsterdam
Re: Face mask mandatory in parts of Amsterdam
Posted: 2020-07-31, 9:56 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Plein '40-'45? Good luck enforcing it there... although granted the women are already in compliance. I hope they send real cops and not unarmed handhaving/boa's.

Thanks for sharing this.

Posted: 2020-08-01, 9:09 am

jimmy_nova
Good to know so I can plan a day in Amsterdam before the restrictions take effect. I'm thinking of going on Monday, so hopefully will be a bit less busy anyway.

By the way, anyone know if the free ferries are still running as normal between Centraal Station and Amsterdam Nord? They could get pretty crowded at times, so I'm thinking there might be limited capacity and thus longer wait times right now?
Posted: 2020-08-02, 5:34 am

officematt2002
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
Plein '40-'45? Good luck enforcing it there... although granted the women are already in compliance. I hope they send real cops and not unarmed handhaving/boa's.

Thanks for sharing this.

I haven’t been to this plein before so what do you mean that the women are in compliance?
Posted: 2020-08-02, 12:39 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
officematt2002 wrote:
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:

Thanks for sharing this.

I haven’t been to this plein before so what do you mean that the women are in compliance?

I mean that it's located in a Muslim ghetto in a part of Amsterdam that tourists would have no reason to ever visit. Most depressing shopping center you'll ever see, garbage all over the streets, no normal Dutch shops really but you have the Islamic baker, the Halal Fried Chicken, etc.

Posted: 2020-08-02, 3:32 pm

jimmy_nova
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
[...] Fried Chicken [...]

Damn I miss being able to get some good fried chicken. Not that I'm about to venture 6.5km out of Amsterdam center into the middle of nowhere just to get some, but it's so damn hard to find it anywhere in the Netherlands.
Posted: 2020-08-02, 6:07 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
jimmy_nova wrote:
Damn I miss being able to get some good fried chicken. Not that I'm about to venture 6.5km out of Amsterdam center into the middle of nowhere just to get some, but it's so damn hard to find it anywhere in the Netherlands.

Well, we have KFC here but I can't vouch for its quality. I see there's one on the Damrak: https://goo.gl/maps/nKsXiNutHaHJesAE7

Posted: 2020-08-02, 9:15 pm

dorps
jimmy_nova wrote:
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:

Also this one in the heart of the RLD. Again can’t vouch for its quality but it’s quite a popular brand in England.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Favor ... a2cc28eb97
Posted: 2020-08-02, 11:25 pm

officematt2002
dorps wrote:
jimmy_nova wrote:
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:

Also this one in the heart of the RLD. Again can’t vouch for its quality but it’s quite a popular brand in England.

I was about to point out this place as well. I have never been but it is typically quite busy and yes I always love a good fried chicken. Thing is I always feel the need for a poop and shower afterwards. One day.
Posted: 2020-08-02, 11:26 pm

officematt2002
Oh thanks for this. Just hard to imagine this as I have never seen the Islamic communities of Holland in my travels.
Posted: 2020-08-03, 12:42 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
dorps wrote:

Ha, I ate there once 10 years ago but also can't vouch for its quality. I'd had several drinks that evening (who, me??)

Posted: 2020-08-03, 9:37 am

jimmy_nova
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
Well, we have KFC here but I can't vouch for its quality. I see there's one on the Damrak: https://goo.gl/maps/nKsXiNutHaHJesAE7

dorps wrote:

Yes, I know of KFC and Favorite Chicken; I've been to both places more than once over the years. Unfortunately I feel that both fall somewhat short of the qualifier "good" that I mentioned in "good fried chicken".
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: