Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
corona outbreak has been discovered in strip club La Vie en Proost
Posted: 2020-08-06, 2:32 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Corona outbreak in strip club on Red Light District

AMSTERDAM - A corona outbreak has been discovered in strip club La Vie en Proost in Amsterdam's Warmoesstraat. At least ten staff members and one visitor to the strip club in the Red Light District have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, a spokesperson for the Amsterdam-Amstelland Safety Region confirms to De Telegraaf.

Giel Zwaan, owner of the strip club where usually ladies in bikini, topless or nude lapdances (dances in which a naked or stripped woman sits on a visitor's lap, ed.) Before the eyes of customers, says that one of his customers reported after he tested positive for the virus.

"We then immediately closed the case independently and called on people to test themselves." It followed that ten out of forty employees were infected with corona. "We did not expect that, because we observe the measures carefully. Fortunately, people have no to mild complaints. ”

A spokesman for the Security Region says the case has been closed until further notice and the owner is cooperating in the GGD investigation. This is the procedure, according to the procedure, in the coming days.

More customers infected?
“The GGD is suspected that, in addition to the staff, more customers have also become infected. That is why we call on everyone with complaints to be tested, ”said the spokesman for the Security Region.

Owner Zwaan says that he has received around three hundred customers in the past period and has noted down a name and telephone number for all of them. "The GGD will get it from me all."

Most visitors are said to be foreign tourists, according to the club owner.

Virus continues to flare up
On Monday it was announced that a large number of new infections were found in the municipality of Amsterdam. The latest figures from RIVM show that 149 new cases of the coronavirus have already been diagnosed between Monday morning and Tuesday morning. That is the highest number in the capital since the start of the outbreak. In the past week, 400 new cases have come to light in the entire municipality of Amsterdam.
Re: corona outbreak has been discovered in strip club La Vie en Proost
Posted: 2020-08-06, 7:10 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I saw that yesterday.
Think it was in De Telegraaf.
I have never been a fan of the place.
Even before Covid, I would have put it at the top of my list as the most likely place in Amsterdam to catch a disease.
And this is with all of my clothes still on.
It is such a small, cramped place. There is no air circulation.
I'm seeing more and more issues related to transmission in poorly ventilated rooms.
If I'm going to be in a tight little room any time in the near future, it won't be with 50 guys and a couple of hard-working dancers.
It is one of only four businesses in Amsterdam forced to close due to a traceable outbreak.
It looks like they followed the rules--such as they are--so they are not in trouble with the authorities, and will likely be allowed to reopen soon.

Weasel

Posted: 2020-08-06, 8:31 pm

jimmy_nova
I read about this too. I'm baffled that they were allowed to re-open as I figured they would've been classified as a night club, and thus not allowed until September. Seems by far the worst place to go during a pandemic.

Anyway, maybe this is just coincidence, but I was also in Amsterdam on Monday and I've been feeling like shit since Wednesday - soar throat, headache, tiredness, loss of appetite, etc. - all symptoms of the virus. I've got an appointment to be tested tomorrow, but results will take 48 hours after that. For what it's worth, it's unlikely I picked up the virus from De Wallen or the main center; I didn't partake in any mongering and was only there for an hour or so, and stayed outside the entire time. More likely I picked it up from either somewhere in Amsterdam that tourists would not typically go, or a couple days before when I visited a different city.
Posted: 2020-08-06, 11:17 pm

officematt2002
Keep us posted, jimmy, all the best and hopefully it is something else.
Posted: 2020-08-07, 2:22 am

nyc diesel
Sorry to hear that, Jimmy.

If you lose smell and taste, you probably have it. If it's a thing you usually resolve in 2 or 3 days, but in August 2020 it never leaves, you probably got it.

I was sick for three nonstop weeks, but I "self-resolved," despite having been annoyed by aftereffects since April. Hang in. (PM me for info if need be re symptoms, etc.)
Posted: 2020-08-07, 5:56 am

grimnul Power Kat
Hope whatever it is you caught resolves itself quickly, Jimmy. Take care of yourself!
Posted: 2020-08-09, 10:37 am

jimmy_nova
Thanks guys. I got the test result today: Whatever I picked up, apparently it wasn't coronavirus. Feeling slightly better now, but still not 100%.
Posted: 2020-08-09, 7:32 pm

grimnul Power Kat
That’s good. Probably just a cold or something.
Posted: 2020-08-12, 3:58 pm

funfor2houston
@Jimmy , I knew you were fine . You are part of this family and we are tough !
Posted: 2020-08-12, 7:08 pm

bear
Glad to hear its not the dreaded virus, but hope, whatever it is thats making you feel poorly, buggers off soon.
Posted: 2020-08-13, 12:32 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Good to hear your test was negative, but if symptoms continue keep the possibility of a retest in mind. From what I've read COVID-19 testing seems to generate more false negatives than usual.

Posted: 2020-08-13, 3:11 pm

jimmy_nova
Thanks again guys; I'm pretty much over it now. I guess it was just a cold or flu, but it seemed a lot worse than usual. The uncomfortably warm weather probably didn't help though.
Posted: 2020-08-15, 10:44 pm

officematt2002
Glad to hear you pulled through, Jimmy!
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: