Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Booked!!!!
Posted: 2021-03-07, 4:12 am

berkshiretyman
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
So after much deliberation I decided to book a 5 day trip in October.
I'm just hoping the travel restrictions will be lifted by then......should be?
Ive booked with easyjet.....return with speedyboarding etc for less than 100 quid and i can cancel free up to a week before arrival so thought it was worth a punt lol
My last trip was april '19 so with the effects of the virus I'm expecting some big changes.
I just hope there is enough left for a good trip!
Bt
Re: Booked!!!!
Posted: 2021-03-07, 10:39 am

dorps
berkshiretyman wrote:
Ive booked with easyjet.....return with speedyboarding etc for less than 100 quid and i can cancel free up to a week before arrival so thought it was worth a punt lol
My last trip was april '19 so with the effects of the virus I'm expecting some big changes.
Bt

Good one Bt. I would be amazed if in October there are still travel restrictions between countries such as the USA, UK and Netherlands. It's a reminder to me to book as well - actually I'm going to book a couple of trips much earlier (June and August) as there is free cancellation on flights and hotels so why not!

In the UK, I think the earliest date for travel overseas is May 17th but that won't be possible for the majority of countries as some may require both vaccination doses (full 'vaccine passport') or they may still have their own entry restrictions irrespective of whether you have had the vaccine.

I'm used to going 5 or 6 times every year, luckily I had a trip last July in between the lockdowns and restrictions. But 8 months feels like a hell of a long time ago for someone who is used to going every couple of months! Can't wait to get back.

I would actually say there won't be big changes initially. I reckon the window occupancy will be almost like it was at the start of 2020, before Covid hit. I think a lot of girls will be keen to come back. I could be wrong and there may be closures but I don't think there will be. Of course, in the medium to longer term, there is talk of major change but that is some way off if it happens. I'm sure we will all have good trips this year!
Posted: 2021-03-07, 7:36 pm

averagejoe
super!!
yes why not book a trip myself while its still lockdown and prices are discounted...!
Posted: 2021-03-09, 5:21 pm

funfor2houston
We been thinking about it also . We have friend who used to be mayor of Diemen wife talks to him on FB and he is not saying either way. She also talks with Jennifer Hopelezz an ambassador with the Pride celebration and Jennifer has said nothing guaranteed but they they have their fingers crossed the celebration will happen in August.
Where are y’all coming from and how far out are your plans . We are from the states.
Posted: 2021-03-09, 5:55 pm

block
We are booked late July into early August to visit family in far southwest Germany . We both have had the vaccine already so we shall see.

Miles Davis
Posted: 2021-03-09, 6:27 pm

funfor2houston
Hey Block let’s meet up sometime , either here or in Europe. Wife is sending you a message on FB.
Posted: 2021-03-09, 8:28 pm

paolo2
I yearn for yet another visit to the Wallen in all its sleazy, seedy glory. Can't think of a better way to spend my forthcoming $1400 from the US Treasury (they do, after all, call it a stimulus payment).

However, before I book anything, I will wait to see how some questions I have are addressed. How bad (or how much worse) will the mutant strains make things in the NL? Will booster shots to counteract them become generally available here at home, and how soon? What kind of proof of vaccination requirements will the Dutch government set for entry? How long will they continue to require proof of recent negative covid test results for entry? Will the NL mandate covid insurance for foreign visitors in case they become ill with it during their visit, as some countries have begun doing? Among the ladies, will we get a whole new cast of characters? Who among the old favorites will return? Will (ethnically) Dutch hookers' genitalia continue to taste like salted herring?

Can't wait for my second Moderna fix later this month.
Posted: 2021-03-10, 3:11 am

funfor2houston
Made reservations this afternoon for the first of August .....Hope to see y’all
Posted: 2021-03-10, 9:26 am

IQ
paolo2 wrote:
Will (ethnically) Dutch hookers' genitalia continue to taste like salted herring?

That was because I got to her earlier, after my lunch of broodje haring.
Posted: 2021-03-10, 5:32 pm

paolo2
A fellow connoisseur! Nothing like eating the fish while dining at the Y.
Posted: 2021-08-03, 12:14 am

berkshiretyman
berkshiretyman wrote:
Bt

Had an email from the lovely people at easyjet a couple of weeks ago....my 8am flight out of Gatwick has been cancelled!!!! The transferred my seat to the next available (and now the only flight out that day) which is 16.55 the same day.....so I basically lose most of a full day!!!!! My hope is now that travel restrictions are lifting, they will put more flights on....I tend to check the site every day lol!!!!! It is what it is but still far from good.....Ive checked all the other airlines thru skyscanner but it seems they are all doing the same. So as a contingency Im thinking about the train......has anyone got any experience of it?
Cheers
Bt
Posted: 2021-08-04, 12:12 am

dorps
berkshiretyman wrote:
berkshiretyman wrote:
Bt

Had an email from the lovely people at easyjet a couple of weeks ago....my 8am flight out of Gatwick has been cancelled!!!! The transferred my seat to the next available (and now the only flight out that day) which is 16.55 the same day.....so I basically lose most of a full day!!!!! My hope is now that travel restrictions are lifting, they will put more flights on....I tend to check the site every day lol!!!!! It is what it is but still far from good.....Ive checked all the other airlines thru skyscanner but it seems they are all doing the same. So as a contingency Im thinking about the train......has anyone got any experience of it?
Cheers
Bt

That is bad luck! I've never used the train to get to Amsterdam but its around a 4 hour journey so you lose half of the day which isn't great.

I'm seeing plenty of morning flights from london to amsterdam ( luton airport, stanstead, heathrow and london city airport). Not all of them are easyJet flights so you may need to get a refund from easyJet and use another. I'm also still seeing some 8am's from Gatwick - for example 6th October.

If your 5 day trip can't be moved on dates, that makes it slightly harder to find a suitable flight but I'm sure you can find something from one of the london airports.
Posted: 2021-08-14, 10:54 pm

berkshiretyman
Sorted.....re-booked KLM from LHR ....with the early out late back flight times I wanted.....£20 more than i originally paid but worth every penny...lol
Full refund fro EJ within 24 hours,,,,,just need things to stay calm/calm down so I can go now!!!!
Bt
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: