Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
"Amsterdam’s infamous red-light district under threat" 25 min documentary
Posted: 2021-10-22, 6:21 pm

averagejoe
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
"Amsterdam is re-branding, with plans to move the famous red-light district out-of-town, and crackdown on cannabis cafes. Dateline meets the city's sex workers who are fighting back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2phCYhsp43Y
Re: "Amsterdam’s infamous red-light district under threat" 25 min documentary
Posted: 2021-10-22, 9:55 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Amsterdam is about to have a “New Coke” moment.
Posted: 2021-10-23, 8:25 pm

paolo2
The deliberately conceived economic loss of many hard working people in de Wallen, especially in times like these, borders on criminality and is painful to contemplate.

Is there any kind of serious, legitimate, ORGANIZED opposition to this nonsense? Evan Williams, the journalist in this report (interesting name btw- there's a cheap bourbon with that monicker) didn't find any; just one guy involved in a coffee shop and one sex worker. Is there any way to tie Halsema and Co. up in litigation over this? Can't the kamer owners, coffee shop owners and hotel/restaurant people pool their resources and coalesce against it? Halsema's ability to advance in stealth under cover of Covid is maddening; are there any "freedom of information" type laws that can be brought to bear that would reveal specific details of her actions and intentions?

What is the home address of the agitator Olaf Ulrich? I envision a mass act of civil disodebience- like maybe a large crowd of hookers and mongers mooning him in front of his house. Let the miserable old fart smirk at that. At around 14:55, while pointing, he says "This is where I live"- shortly after having pointed out a microbrewery, which I assume to be the Brouwerij De Prael, proximate to the Oude Kerk.

The two police officers made the most sense- especially their reasonable suggestion that unruly tourists be controlled with more police.
Posted: 2021-10-24, 1:18 am

grimnul Power Kat
paolo2 wrote:
The deliberately conceived economic loss of many hard working people in de Wallen, especially in times like these, borders on criminality and is painful to contemplate.

Is there any kind of serious, legitimate, ORGANIZED opposition to this nonsense? Evan Williams, the journalist in this report (interesting name btw- there's a cheap bourbon with that monicker) didn't find any; just one guy involved in a coffee shop and one sex worker. Is there any way to tie Halsema and Co. up in litigation over this? Can't the kamer owners, coffee shop owners and hotel/restaurant people pool their resources and coalesce against it? Halsema's ability to advance in stealth under cover of Covid is maddening; are there any "freedom of information" type laws that can be brought to bear that would reveal specific details of her actions and intentions?

What is the home address of the agitator Olaf Ulrich? I envision a mass act of civil disodebience- like maybe a large crowd of hookers and mongers mooning him in front of his house. Let the miserable old fart smirk at that. At around 14:55, while pointing, he says "This is where I live"- shortly after having pointed out a microbrewery, which I assume to be the Brouwerij De Prael, proximate to the Oude Kerk.

The two police officers made the most sense- especially their reasonable suggestion that unruly tourists be controlled with more police.

Very interesting that things started to really go south with the dipshit tourists shortly after they closed the police precinct in De Wallen. But no, it can’t be that, must be the sex workers and coffee shops.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: