Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 21 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Covid Tests
Posted: 2022-03-09, 7:18 pm

Nikana22
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Can I just ask this of those that have visited Amsterdam recently their experience with pre departure Covid Tests and in particular any recommendations on providers that meet the requirements?

Thanks

Nikana22
Re: Covid Tests
Posted: 2022-03-10, 5:56 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I used the free testenvoortoegang.nl three times in October.
They require a reservation, 1-2 days in advance.
Worked fine twice in Alkmaar, but a total failure at the Prins Henrikkade location near the IJ tunnel.
They never sent me a result.
I used the Spoedtest location on Harlemmerstraat (now moved to Kaisergracht) for my exit test.
No problems, had to reserve a day in advance. results in 18 hours. For a fee, you can draw in the morning, and have results by 1700.

Weasel

Posted: 2022-03-11, 12:32 pm

Rogert
I don’t think you need PCR test coming back to the UK if you’re fully vaccinated
Posted: 2022-03-11, 1:57 pm

Nikana22
Yes sorry, I didn’t make myself very clear. I’m visiting Amsterdam soon and was looking for recommendations for Covid Test required for entry to Netherlands. Did note one post said theirs wasn’t checked but obviously don’t want to risk that. Just wondering which of the multitude of providers people were using and whether if doing the 24 hour Antigen Test it needs to be supervised online or whether you cam use the service where you self submit?
Posted: 2022-03-11, 6:34 pm

rollmech
When I went in Oct & Feb I took 24hr Antigen test before arrival, had to sent picture of my result to test company, got an email certificate back to show I had tested negative. Had to show it at UK airport before I got issued with my boarding card for my flight, so you will need to get one. Not asked for it in Netherlands.

I used c19testing.co.uk, they say result within 12 hours, but I got my email back within 3 hrs of uploading photo to them, that was on Saturday & Sunday evenings. Instructions for what to do really clear, Kit arrived within about 2 days of ordering as well.

I did see on NL times website that the Netherlands might be dropping the requirement of testing before travelling to Netherlands later in March, I think an update is due Tuesday 15

Hoping they drop it as out again in April
Posted: 2022-03-12, 11:06 am

Nikana22
rollmech - thank you very much fingers crossed that requirement for tests is scrapped.
Posted: 2022-04-01, 2:57 am

landslides
does anyone know if getting fully vaccinated back in 2021 is still enought for entry into NL from the US? I tried uploading my vaccination card but they said my vaccination was outdated?
Posted: 2022-04-01, 10:26 am

eleventh
Believe on the EU entry ban that 270 days after your second vaccine, it's no longer valid. A booster is currently valid indefinitely.
Posted: 2022-04-01, 1:31 pm

landslides
oh no…so my vaccination is invalid. I did get covid back in December would showing proof of recovery be sufficient? Also what exactly does proof of recovery entail?

If I get my booster today and I arrive on the 3rd. Is that enough time for it to be valid?
Posted: 2022-04-01, 2:52 pm

eleventh
Argh, I can't post links.

Google: "EU entry ban exemption categories" and "Travelling to the Netherlands with proof of vaccination" hosted on the dutch government website.

The latter says for the booster: "Validity begins immediately after booster vaccination", so if you get boosted immediately you're probably fine.
Posted: 2022-04-01, 3:19 pm

landslides
thank you eleven, I will print out my previous test forms just in case.
Posted: 2022-04-20, 2:21 am

madmax3time
Yeah you need a booster to enter via plane from USA .
I was planing on going to august and don’t have a booster but do have two other Pfizer shots.
I plan on flying into Brussels Belgium as they do not require a booster to enter. Then take train to Amsterdam a little more than 2 hrs. I believe they do not check or require booster traveling within European Union countries. Can someone please confirm if they even check for covid card when traveling by train to Amsterdam from another European country ? Thank you again
M
Posted: 2022-04-20, 4:43 pm

bpweathe
No vaxx or test check when taking a train from NL to Belgium, though they did require a mask once in Belgium since their mask mandate is in effect.

Also note you have to show proof of negative covid test to fly from NL into the US. It must be within 24 hours of your flight. I got mine near the Damrak. Super easy.
Posted: 2022-04-21, 10:13 pm

hoogy
madmax3time wrote:
Yeah you need a booster to enter via plane from USA .
I was planing on going to august and don’t have a booster but do have two other Pfizer shots.
I plan on flying into Brussels Belgium as they do not require a booster to enter. Then take train to Amsterdam a little more than 2 hrs. I believe they do not check or require booster traveling within European Union countries. Can someone please confirm if they even check for covid card when traveling by train to Amsterdam from another European country ? Thank you again
M

Wouldn't it be much easier just to get a free booster?
Posted: 2022-04-22, 10:36 pm

averagejoe
I dont think they check covid passport within Europe. I was in Amsterdam 3weeks ago . Flew from within EU

however, just take the booster and fly directly to Amsterdam and get rid of all headache... brussels / train going left and right just to the enter country.

a booster is for free. I guess you are not an anti vaxxer anyway as you got the two before?
Posted: 2022-04-24, 5:00 pm

madmax3time
Thanks again but maybe it’s not as simple as taking a booster shot that’s free especially if the last Pfizer shot made me extremely sick with migraines headaches for 23 days . Maybe some people are allergic to the poison !
Ever think of that before spouting off your fortune cooking beliefs . Let me guess you must be an American fool or English lad who believes everything your BS government and political party tell you hey!! Or maybe you just folllow everything they tell you on the the tele like a sheep!

Thanks to all the Europeans for your answer . Second Antwerp has a great red light district or used to as well as Brussels so having a sesssion and then taking a nice train ride to Amsterdam with some espresso seems like a great day trip and much better than poisoning me again with a political booster shot!

You can fool some people some of the time but you can’t fool all the people all the time!
Posted: 2022-04-24, 5:02 pm

madmax3time
No covid or booster check when taking train from Belgium to Netherlands either ? Thank you again
Posted: 2022-04-24, 6:24 pm

bpweathe
Nope, no check or verification of COVID booster or tests on train from Belgium to Netherlands (and vice versa). This info is as of 12 April and highly, highly unlikely that it has changed. I’d also mention that I was on the IC train and not the Thayls, but again, highly unlikely the different trains would have different policies.
Have fun!
Posted: 2022-04-25, 1:57 am

madmax3time
Mille Grazie
Thousand thanks
Take care
Ciao
Posted: 2022-05-22, 5:27 pm

Rogert