Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 77 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: This RLD is finished
Posted: 2023-06-21, 11:05 am

busted
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hmm,

I haven't seen any major change in AMS hotel prices, for the past few years I have booked the Ibis or Ibis Styles near the Centraal station and paid Eur 150-200 a night, depending how far ahead I booked. I wanted to save more cash for the ladies this time, so my July trip will be a 2* hotel near the Damrak at Eur 120 a night.

Other Dutch cities usually have 2* hotels near the main stations from around Eur 80 a night, so sleeping in a nearby city (Rotterdam, Utrecht, Den Haag, etc) and getting the train to AMS could be an alternative.

Will update you on the hotel when I get there in a few weeks time...
Posted: 2023-07-03, 8:49 pm

busted
To reply directly to the title of this thread- ‘oh no it isn’t!’

Please see my trip report thread from today for explanation…
Posted: 2023-07-08, 8:31 pm

rico88
You could visit the PIC (Prostitution Information Centre) near Oude Kerk, and ask the staff how you can participate in protesting the city' government's plans to further reduce and ultimately shutter de Wallen's RLD.
Posted: 2023-07-14, 11:52 pm

pw999
busted wrote:

You said you got a handjob by 2 girls for 100 Euros. That's the reason why the RLD isn't finished?

Quote:
I haven't seen any major change in AMS hotel prices, for the past few years I have booked the Ibis or Ibis Styles near the Centraal station and paid Eur 150-200 a night, depending how far ahead I booked.

The 'ibis Styles Amsterdam Central Station'-hotel is ridiculously pricy these days.
Posted: 2023-07-15, 1:59 pm

busted
Well I enjoyed the handjob anyway, I am not expecting you to enjoy it ;-)

Yes, IBIS prices have gone up lately, but plenty of cheap independent hotels on it near the Damrak. Google is your friend here…
Posted: 2024-01-07, 3:03 pm

Tulip
I am planning to visit Amsterdam in February and want to go to de pijp RLD. I read access by bus in this forum. Is it possible to walk from Dam Square? Any suggestions on directions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted: 2024-01-07, 7:00 pm

Rogert
You can walk but you might as well go on the Metro take you straight there
Posted: 2024-01-19, 3:53 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Take the Metro (subway)
Get on at Rokin, a block south of Dam Square.
M52 Blue line south to De Pijp. Only two stops away.
Takes about 10 minutes, costs about a Euro.
When you get off, exit the north end at Albert Cuypstraat (not Centuribaan)
Walk west on Albert Cuypstraat, away from the market, two blocks to the canal-Ruysdealkaede.
Turn left (south)
WIndows are on the next two blocks.
It is a 20 minute walk, but with the weather the way it is, I spend the Euro, and take the train.

Weasel

Posted: 2024-02-10, 7:09 pm

Mojito
pw999 wrote:
busted wrote:

You said you got a handjob by 2 girls for 100 Euros. That's the reason why the RLD isn't finished?

Quote:
I haven't seen any major change in AMS hotel prices, for the past few years I have booked the Ibis or Ibis Styles near the Centraal station and paid Eur 150-200 a night, depending how far ahead I booked.

The 'ibis Styles Amsterdam Central Station'-hotel is ridiculously pricy these days.

It certainly seems like the AMS de Wallen RLD is finished from what many sources are saying...
Posted: 2024-02-10, 10:06 pm

Rogert
Well I was there in November and I’d say it’s anything but.Id go back at the drop of a hat
Posted: 2024-02-24, 12:26 am

Mojito
Rogert wrote:
Well I was there in November and I’d say it’s anything but.Id go back at the drop of a hat

Perhaps, your expectations of the girls are somewhat lower. But each to their own, of course.

Good luck with future trips.
Posted: 2024-02-24, 11:15 pm

pw999
I was just checking hotel prices for a potential 3-day-visit in June and Jesus... what the hell is going on? Amsterdam hoteliers are crazy. 700 Euros minimum for 3 nights. And this is for a shitty single bed-room with 10 m²...
Posted: 2024-02-25, 6:08 pm

Mojito
pw999 wrote:
I was just checking hotel prices for a potential 3-day-visit in June and Jesus... what the hell is going on? Amsterdam hoteliers are crazy. 700 Euros minimum for 3 nights. And this is for a shitty single bed-room with 10 m²...

Ouch! 700 Euros for 3 nights is very expensive...hope you can find a better solution.
Posted: 2024-02-25, 11:27 pm

Veteren_Jim
Quite often there can be excellent hotel rates in outlying towns and cities. There are a number of hotels in Alkmaar, about 35km north of Amsterdam that presently offer decent room rates quite cheaper than comparable/available rooms in Amsterdam. Or try hotels along the one-hour train route between Amsterdam and Rotterdam, including potential hotel bargains close to Schipol.
Posted: 2024-02-26, 6:43 am

Davidag
Veteren_Jim wrote:
Quite often there can be excellent hotel rates in outlying towns and cities. There are a number of hotels in Alkmaar, about 35km north of Amsterdam that presently offer decent room rates quite cheaper than comparable/available rooms in Amsterdam. Or try hotels along the one-hour train route between Amsterdam and Rotterdam, including potential hotel bargains close to Schipol.

This is very true, I booked a small apartment end of April in Alkmaar for a very good price. Also have stayed at AMS airport hotel last year for cheap.
Posted: 2024-03-02, 10:41 pm

Mojito
Davidag wrote:
Veteren_Jim wrote:

This is very true, I booked a small apartment end of April in Alkmaar for a very good price. Also have stayed at AMS airport hotel last year for cheap.

How is the Alkmaar RLD in your opinion and experiences?
Posted: 2024-03-03, 11:16 pm

Mojito
It seems that Ignatzmice as a forum of open discussion, and active participation is more likely to be finished than the RLDs around Europe!!! Lol
 [ 77 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: