Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Nobody wants Amsterdam's new erotic centre for some reason
Posted: 2022-11-13, 12:01 am

Grassleaf
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Efforts to move upmarket and brush the parts of the city's tourist trade sniffy middle class liberals don't like seem to be gathering pace again: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... gree-where
Re: Nobody wants Amsterdam's new erotic centre for some reason
Posted: 2022-11-15, 10:59 pm

averagejoe
“I hope it’s possible to create an erotic centre that has some class and distinction and isn’t a place where only petty criminals and the most vulnerable women gather,” she said.

“But I also realise there is a long road ahead of us because most people associate sex work with crime and with the vulnerability of women, with human rights being violated. So in most neighbourhoods, most people are not very enthusiastic about the erotic centre.”

human trafficing is a crime in every country, thank god for that. I hope everyone here are totally against it.
If this statement actually is true that all these window girls are victims, how come the police dont do anything about the situation? the answer is of course, they aren't victims. they are there because of free will. I've talked to so many girls that I got a pretty clear picture . Also met a few outside of work / having a posh lifestyle.

however Im aware that human trafficing do exist and needs to be taken serious. but this woman is just making things up.

I think most people are against it for other reason like having their kids / teenager playing in the area for an example of many.
Re: Nobody wants Amsterdam's new erotic centre for some reason
Posted: 2022-11-16, 12:40 am

Grassleaf
Yes, your highlighted statements are pretty much what made me post the link. The headlines are all about the usual do-gooder nonsense, just as they have been since print first got started seriously back in the 19th century (yes there were some journals earlier, back in the 18th century too, but yellow journalism really took off in the Victorian era, co-incidentally another time known for its puritan hypocrisy).

Once you get past the pieties the meat of the comments just reeks of a middle class desire to tidy the city up and make it respectable for decent people who do their drugs and pay their hookers behind closed doors. I felt like I'd stepped back 60 years to the Mary Whitehouse era and rants about the permissive society just reading it.

People in the 90s would have been ashamed to be heard wibbling on in public like that, but I guess the famed Dutch liberal tolerance is crumbling under Current Year safety bollocks and hyper-emotionalism in Holland just as it has in other Western countries. My grandparents' generation would be happy to see this turn of events but I'm gobsmacked I've lived to see it happen.
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: