Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Amsterdam erotic centre plans: ‘extraordinary’ or ‘madness’?
Posted: 2023-02-17, 11:06 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2023/02/n ... ic-centre/

Posted: 2023-02-18, 5:14 pm

Grassleaf
Ah, well us nuisance tourists know our place...
Re: Amsterdam erotic centre plans: ‘extraordinary’ or ‘madness’?
Posted: 2023-02-18, 8:05 pm

averagejoe
to me this sounds like Antwerpen 2.0.
for those who havent been there Antwerpen is a whole block / plaza dedicated to the windows girls. in the middle there is a new built passage called villa tinto.. like an alley with windows on both sides.

around the area there are sport bars / fast food (kebab) / sex shops / cinema (or perhaps closed for good)

basically no random tourists there at all as its nothing else to do

"The city plans to replace 100 of the 249 brothel windows in De Wallen red light district with a multi-storey centre for prostitution and erotic entertainment, built by a private developer on city land.

Read more at DutchNews.nl:"

- 100 instead of 249....sounds like alot less but might not be, every other window is non occupied anyway. I dont think we'll get back to 2019 standars anyway. or at least not in a few years.

- private developer. to me this sounds like they dont have any investors at all...? would be a huge project not many are able to pull trough.
Posted: 2023-02-18, 10:49 pm

paolo2
Afternoon tea meetings, culture and education evenings, art classes, yoga classes, lectures- awesome, can't wait. A program of offerings not all that different from activities provided at senior living communities; adult education in the Chautauqua tradition. And YOU, you petty criminal, just want a blowjob and to get high. Visiting THIS erotic center will make you a better person!

The hookers will all be on the upper floor; pray there will be an express elevator.
Posted: 2023-02-19, 11:29 pm

Grassleaf
paolo2 wrote:
Afternoon tea meetings, culture and education evenings, art classes, yoga classes, lectures- awesome, can't wait. A program of offerings not all that different from activities provided at senior living communities; adult education in the Chautauqua tradition. And YOU, you petty criminal, just want a blowjob and to get high. Visiting THIS erotic center will make you a better person!

The hookers will all be on the upper floor; pray there will be an express elevator.

Hear, hear ;p

The thing is, is, I'm visiting the red light district for a shag, not to enrich myself culturally. And if I could pick up some weed and magic mushrooms on the side, well, that would be grand too. If that makes me a nuisance tourist, well, Amsterdam spent decades marketing itself as the destination for people who wanted to get laid and get high...
Posted: 2023-02-21, 10:52 pm

grimnul Power Kat
The big problem for me is the location. De Wallen is great because I stay in Centrum, I’m less than a ten minute walk away, I can hop in the shower, throw some clothes on, and go have some fun whenever I want. With this nonsense, I’d have to take transit, or a taxi, or whatever, and it’d be something I’d have to plan for and would eat up pretty much my entire day, especially if they wind up putting it in Noord. I could just stay in the area where they’re building it, I suppose, but those areas seem to have not much else there and seem kind of sketchy, and I doubt there are too many decent hotels in the area, which would prevent me from being able to make bookings with SS.

So basically, if this happens, Amsterdam would be pretty much dead for me. I’m a good tourist, I behave myself, I don’t get excessively drunk or high (hell, weed is more legal and accessible here in Canada than in Amsterdam anyway!), I’ve never had any issues at all with the police or with other people, I’m respectful, and, frankly, I spend a lot of money. I’m the exact sort of tourist they should want there, and they’re driving me away.

Well, I guess the ladies here in Toronto will be getting all my money now lol.
Posted: 2023-02-22, 1:00 pm

IQ
"bids will be open to possible developers"

Russian oligarchs are looking for places to put their cash since the war started. Imagine very large doormen dressed all in black with lots of gold chains. "Come in. You have good time with beautiful girl. Pay later."
Posted: 2023-02-22, 4:26 pm

Utrechtfan
"If not pay, we break your Legs!"
Posted: 2023-02-23, 4:25 pm

averagejoe
grimnul wrote:
The big problem for me is the location. De Wallen is great because I stay in Centrum, I’m less than a ten minute walk away, I can hop in the shower, throw some clothes on, and go have some fun whenever I want. With this nonsense, I’d have to take transit, or a taxi, or whatever, and it’d be something I’d have to plan for and would eat up pretty much my entire day, especially if they wind up putting it in Noord. I could just stay in the area where they’re building it, I suppose, but those areas seem to have not much else there and seem kind of sketchy, and I doubt there are too many decent hotels in the area, which would prevent me from being able to make bookings with SS.

So basically, if this happens, Amsterdam would be pretty much dead for me. I’m a good tourist, I behave myself, I don’t get excessively drunk or high (hell, weed is more legal and accessible here in Canada than in Amsterdam anyway!), I’ve never had any issues at all with the police or with other people, I’m respectful, and, frankly, I spend a lot of money. I’m the exact sort of tourist they should want there, and they’re driving me away.

Well, I guess the ladies here in Toronto will be getting all my money now lol.

thats why they add in alot of other genres under the same roof. once there, one doesnt need to leave the area.. like Disneyland for adults...!
Posted: 2023-02-24, 7:41 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Walking the canals in the glow of the red lights.
Atmosphere means a lot.
An Eros Center can never compete.

Weasel

Posted: 2023-02-26, 12:35 am

dorps
weasel9x9 wrote:
Walking the canals in the glow of the red lights.
Atmosphere means a lot.
An Eros Center can never compete.

Weasel

Exactly that.
Posted: 2023-03-03, 8:39 pm

averagejoe
yes of course this idea sucks, but it also sucks as it is now. hopefully the mayor is gone before they find an 'private investor' for this
Posted: 2023-03-12, 2:46 am

The Kman
If the City of Amsterdam were serious about fixing the livability of de Wallen, they would first do something about the drunks (mainly tourists) in the area. It's not the johns or the stoners that cause the problems, it the pissed tracksuited tuxedo wearing tourists coming for their two/three days of "pleasure" that cause the problems. These people come to Amsterdam and treat the place as a latrine while they are here with absolutely no care about the impacts of their behavior.

Do something about these bogan dregs coming to this once great city and you will go along way towards improving the amenity for all.
Posted: 2023-03-13, 3:37 am

grimnul Power Kat
The Kman wrote:
If the City of Amsterdam were serious about fixing the livability of de Wallen, they would first do something about the drunks (mainly tourists) in the area. It's not the johns or the stoners that cause the problems, it the pissed tracksuited tuxedo wearing tourists coming for their two/three days of "pleasure" that cause the problems. These people come to Amsterdam and treat the place as a latrine while they are here with absolutely no care about the impacts of their behavior.

Do something about these bogan dregs coming to this once great city and you will go along way towards improving the amenity for all.

This is the big issue and why this whole thing is bullshit. I’ve been saying it for years, the girls and their clients aren’t the problem. We just want to go have some fun and we don’t tend to want to draw too much attention to ourselves. The drunks are the problem. The stag and hen parties, the pub crawls, the soccer hooligans, and the other assorted inebriated assholes.

The issue in De Wallen is a policing problem. They used to have a police precinct there. They moved it and they started having problems. On top of that, the police don’t do anything about the drunks. I would see people walking around drinking publicly constantly the last few times I was there. In the off chance the police would do anything at all, at very most, they’d make someone pour out their beer (who, of course, would just go get another one right away anyway). Rather than move the girls out, they’d do much better moving more police in and working with the various bar owners in the area to make sure they’re not overserving people and to set up a network to help deal with troublesome patrons.

De Wallen has been the red light district for literally centuries. Things haven’t been an issue like this until relatively recently. Even the first time I was there back in 2013, it wasn’t anywhere near this crazy. The issue is mismanagement and lack of police enforcement, plain and simple.
Posted: 2023-03-13, 1:39 pm

Mister Mingeater
grimnul wrote:
The issue is mismanagement and lack of police enforcement, plain and simple.

Totally agree, I would consider that the withdrawal of a physical police presence could be a deliberate tactical ploy by Amsterdam Council to 'allow' the situation regarding offensive behaviour to deteriorate therefore justifying even more sanitising and gentrification to the RLD.
There is clearly a planned agenda.

Posted: 2023-03-14, 3:48 am

The Kman
Further to my post, this issue is being reported far and wide.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/travel ... 6a0ff2?amp
Posted: 2023-03-22, 8:38 pm

hoogy
Mister Mingeater wrote:
grimnul wrote:

Totally agree, I would consider that the withdrawal of a physical police presence could be a deliberate tactical ploy by Amsterdam Council to 'allow' the situation regarding offensive behaviour to deteriorate therefore justifying even more sanitising and gentrification to the RLD.

Then why are there now loads of hosts / fake police that jump on everyone perceived to be doing anything remotely wrong like even walking in the "wrong" direction?
Posted: 2023-03-26, 3:37 pm

Mister Mingeater
hoogy wrote:
Mister Mingeater wrote:
grimnul wrote:

Then why are there now loads of hosts / fake police that jump on everyone perceived to be doing anything remotely wrong like even walking in the "wrong" direction?

I guess it could be part of the same package to achieve the same end result over time. An immediate action to respond to the situation now so the locals can see that something is happening to tackle their problems. Keeps the locals happy and also dampens the enjoyment for some visitors and to put some people off going.
Going back to the late 80's and 90's from personal recollections there were more police patrolling on foot in the area and most of the time they were good humoured but firm and could certainly deal with trouble if they had to, more recently they zoom around on bicycles and seem a bit more tetchy and irritable. More likely to get run over by one than be arrested!

Posted: 2023-03-31, 12:21 pm

averagejoe
demonstration organized by the RLD sex workers themself against the new center
https://www.at5.nl/artikelen/219769/sek ... -indrinken

for more info, check this account. all info regarding RLD from the girls perspective.

https://twitter.com/redlightunited

reply from the mayor
https://www.nu.nl/299287/video/halsema- ... erdam.html
Posted: 2023-04-27, 4:16 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
In the latest update,
Neighborhood groups around the RAI have come out very loudly against the two proposed sites there.
Certain promises were made by the city to lure the European Medicines Agency to the neighborhood, and they seem to be threatening legal action if they don't get what they want.
This is only weeks after an equally negative review by neighborhood groups in Noord over the proposed site there.
All other proposed sites have been eliminated. There are only these three left.
City council is supposed to take this up again in July, but it looks--once again--that this idea is going nowhere.

Weasel

[ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: