Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Kings Day 2024
Posted: 2024-02-17, 4:05 am

Davidag
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey All,
I will be in Amsterdam/Alkmaar on April 27th for a few days this year after a work project completes. I was just wondering if anyone has some insight on how crazy it will be and if girls are available on Kings day and the day after. I was planning on being in Amsterdam during the days and back in Alkmaar in the evenings where my hotel is at. I figured I would do it this way this time since nights are so busy now in Amsterdam with the crowd control ect.
Re: Kings Day 2024
Posted: 2024-02-17, 12:16 pm

Mojito
Davidag wrote:
Hey All,
I will be in Amsterdam/Alkmaar on April 27th for a few days this year after a work project completes. I was just wondering if anyone has some insight on how crazy it will be and if girls are available on Kings day and the day after. I was planning on being in Amsterdam during the days and back in Alkmaar in the evenings where my hotel is at. I figured I would do it this way this time since nights are so busy now in Amsterdam with the crowd control ect.

If I were you, I would spend more time in Alkmaar than Amsterdam.
Posted: 2024-02-17, 12:52 pm

Rogert
Kings day in Amsterdam is amazing.
Posted: 2024-02-19, 6:17 pm

Davidag
I will for sure be spending the evenings in Alkmaar.
Posted: 2024-02-24, 12:25 am

Mojito
Davidag wrote:
I will for sure be spending the evenings in Alkmaar.

Good choice. The overall level of service in Alkmaar is usually better than the average level of service in Amsterdam.
Posted: 2024-03-11, 8:08 pm

funfor2houston
Kings Day is not what it used to be . Lots of street parties lots of Electronic Dance Music . Usually everything quiets down around 7:00 PM on Kings Day . Kings Eve the night before is a good night . All the girls will be working .
Posted: 2024-03-12, 6:05 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I am going to be there this year, for the first time since the 80"s!
Daytime on the canals should be chaos, and all the people selling stuff on the sidewalks won't help.
I don't think the effect is as bad at night.
Fireworks used to be everywhere, but I expect that to be a little less with the new semi-enforced ban.
I love the plans for Alkmaar.
Happiest little city on earth.
If you have an interest, De Heighlander, the Scottish restaurant in Alkmaar has 3000 open bottles of scotch to chose from.

Weasel

Posted: 2024-03-12, 8:55 pm

Mojito
I avoid mongering during Queens or Kings Day....better to do it at times, when it is less busy and touristy.
Posted: 2024-03-15, 1:35 am

Davidag
Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys.
Posted: 2024-03-19, 3:27 pm

funfor2houston
Does anyone remember the big carnival at Dam Square ? We used to smoke and ride the big Ferris wheel …Ahh those were the days.
Posted: 2024-03-19, 4:54 pm

Rogert
Absolutely mega wasn’t it.Didn’t it get stopped because of traffic problems.
I stumbled across Kings day by accident.Got to the hotel and asked what was happening and she explained everyone was off for a fortnight.
Posted: 2024-03-21, 4:13 pm

funfor2houston
I used to go to Susies Saloon and play my guitar music on a small stage along with a bunch of other musicians . I don’t know if I understood it correctly but they said they would get fined if they had the stage there in front . Man that used to be a really great celebration. I remember Susies would sell a souvenir glass with your beer during Queens/ Kings day. But most tourists didn’t realize the glasses were theirs so there was this little street guy that wore a hat with a gator on it and he would gather glasses , sell them back at a Eu. Each and pay for his beer.
Man I miss those days . The last few Kings Day ‘s were actually boring . Used to be the Wallen would be all decorated with music and all ..Now meh .
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: