Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
A question about cash and stuff.
Posted: 2005-04-12, 12:01 am

Albion
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey guys, awesome forum.

Well Two buddies of mine and I have been talking about going to Amsterdam for the last 15 years. It's always been a running joke between us. Finally our lives have all jived together, no wives or girlfriends, all have enough vacation left, etc, so in December we started booking the trip. We decided that we were going to spend 4 nights in London/northern England and 4 nights in Amsterdam. We actually got the entire trip without "spending money" for $1400 per person, including all the hotel, airfare, and ferry from New Castle to Ijmuiden.

The first question I'd like to ask is if any of you have any experience with the hotels in Amsterdam. I wish I had found this forum 3 months ago, but alas I didn't. But, I booked us a room at the NH Caransa Hotel. Anyone know if this is a nice place? Seems like all the reviews I read were good, but I'd more like to hear it from the people who travel there often or live there (More for piece of mind then anything else)

The second question I had is, for a 4 night stay what is a good ammount of spending money to take along? We don't intend on spending a huge ammount of girls but we do intend on spending a huge ammount on smokables. I was thinking about bringing $1500 US along for both London and Amsterdam but that turns out to be about $350 GBP and $500 Euro total (That's from $750 for each place we're going to). To me that doesn't sound like enough but maybe the Standard of Living is different.

I was also wondering if anyone knows of any cool events happening between June 2 and June 6. It would also be cool to meet with some people who might be there at the same time.

Well, thanks for your time and happy 420420-9.

-Craig
Re: A question about cash and stuff.
Posted: 2005-04-12, 4:18 am

fatboy1Supporting Member
Supporting Member
You should like the Caransa. I have stayed there a few times and the location is very interesting for a few first time visit. Food in the restaurant is good but since you are on Rembrandtplein there are a lot of restaurants around the square. Plenty of smokeables available in the area.
Mo money, Mo money, Mo money.
Jump on Tram 4 in front of the Central Station and you will dropped off in front of the hotel. Just listen for the Rembrandtplein exit, hop off and look to your right across the street.
Posted: 2005-04-12, 6:31 am

paniked Power Kat
in the Rembrandtplein area you will find some good coffeeshops:

Bushdocter, Thorbeckeplein -- (one) home of ice-o-lator hash
Stix, Utrechtsestraat

and you're not too far away from De Pijp neighbourhoods where you can find:
Katsu, 1e van der Helststraat -- locals "connoisseur" shop

cheers,
-paniked

Posted: 2005-04-12, 2:48 pm

heynow1210
The money question depends on what you plan on doing. Sampling the ladies can run up your tab. Next to that, food is ridiculously expensive; especially the fast food options. Touring is on par with anyplace else and the city is very walkable so you shouldn't ever have to get into a cab.

The amount you said you'd bring will work for the time your there if you manage your lady intake. I always seem to overspend there ;)

Also, the cash machines are few and far between so when you find one make sure you stock up.
Posted: 2005-04-12, 6:00 pm

Albion
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the replies. I'm not sure we're going to spend a lot of time on the girls. Although to a couple of middle aged single guys, looking at hot 20 somethings dressed in skimpy "I don't know what" can have an adverse effect on their brains. But, we're mostly going there for the wooden shoes, the psilocybin and the Delta-9-T. :) Our big thing, well at least my big thing is meeting people, so if anyone is going to be there at the same time and want to talk over some green just let me know.

-Craig
Posted: 2005-04-12, 6:22 pm

Jack Herer
Money wise, id take as much as you can!

Compared to USA, London and Amsterdam can seem expensive. When us brits travel to the states, everything seems a bargain, so bare that in mind. Ive just returned from Dam and spent £400 in 3 days on purely smokes and food, i guess thats around $750. Depends on how much you can smoke, and how good a time u would like!! Again saying that, you could manage to spend very little if your aim is simply to get high, as long as you buy sensibly from the right places that is......

Your soon going to realise what everyones been talking about, nothing beats that first surreal experience buying weed 'legally' (not technically, i know), and smoking it in front of everyone with a big grin on your face....how smoking should be
Enjoy!
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: