Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Music/Bands/Parties?
Posted: 2005-05-02, 9:16 pm

JBIG
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'll be in Amsterdam June 1st thru the 15 and would love to hit the Melkweg for some good music.

Anyone know any good bands or parties happening in Amsterdam June 1st thru the 15th?
Re: Music/Bands/Parties?
Posted: 2005-05-02, 10:24 pm

uberchef
What up JBIG,

Both the Melkweg and Paradiso, two of Amsterdam's biggest clubs, both have pamphlets/schedules available at nearly every music store and coffeeshop in town. Their websites (limited English) also have online listings/schedules.

Also, LA's own BECK is playing the Heinekin music hall on 6/6!!!!! Of course, this show is very much sold-out but hey, you're from Cali, maybe you've got a connection? Ticketbrokering websites (scalping) are around (also mainly in Dutch) so if you've got plenty of extra cash you wouldn't mind losing, I suggest seeing Beck in the Dam! What an experience that would be...

Guero, his new album, if anyone here hasn't heard it, is just plain awesome. Highly recommended!

Tot Ziens,
~uber.
Posted: 2005-05-02, 10:45 pm

JBIG
AWESOME! I would LOVE to see Beck, and his new album is super awesome!!!

I'll be trying my luck at tickets? any way I could maybe buy some at the show (like I have done in Vegas and LA)

also, what are the websites?
Posted: 2005-05-02, 11:58 pm

uberchef
You can access the NL equivalent of ticketmaster through Beck's website: www.beck.com.

You'll find the venue/concert specific information within the 'Tour' section...

I've never tried to scalp a ticket in Europe....only one way to know for sure though....heat out there the night-of, stick your finger in the air and ask, "who'se got my MIRACLE?"

cheers~
~U.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: