Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel Roemer Visscher, Hoksbergen, Sandler
Posted: 2005-05-12, 10:26 am

zuckuss
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Has anyone been to any of these hotels? I plan on goibg to Amsterdam for 10 days and Im hoping to spend 1k US or less for 1 person. Im hoping to stay near the RLD
Any advice?
Re: Hotel Roemer Visscher, Hoksbergen, Sandler
Posted: 2005-05-12, 4:59 pm

dwj
I've stayed at the Roemer Visscher about 20 times in the last 4 years. Initially it was brand new and everything worked great but over the years things have got broken and not fixed. Nothing major but for instance, I stayed in a single room last January and the phone didn't work, I was put in the same room in May and the phone still didn't work. The staff are pretty cool, the rooms are fine for you want them for and the breakfast is the usual meats and cheeses etc. but it is included in the price. It's about a 15 minute brisk walk to the main RLD but there are loads of trams run from the Leidseplein, about 5 minutes away. Remember the trams stop running before the coffeeshops close and it can be quite a chore to have to walk back at 3 in the morning. Price wise it's not exactly a bargain but I use them because they always manage to find me a room at short notice which is suffice.

Dave
Posted: 2005-05-12, 10:48 pm

zuckuss
thanks Dave
You mentioned that their may be more affordable choices. Could you suggest any near the rld?
Posted: 2005-05-13, 12:55 pm

dwj
Can't be of very much help regarding Hotels closer to the RLD as the only time I stayed in the Centre was on my last trip. We stayed at the De Port Van Cleeve which was running a low season rate of €99 per night excluding breakfast. This time of the year however you won't find a deal like that because we are back in the busy season.

Use the Find a Room link at the top of the page, this will give you quite a long list of hotels available for your dates and you often get a hefty discount if yo bok it through this site.

Good Luck

Dave
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: