Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Romantic Canal Rides?
Posted: 2005-05-25, 5:39 pm

pepsi
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Any canal more romantic at night than another? Taking wife to Amsterdam for our 20th wedding anniversay. Thanks.
Re: Romantic Canal Rides?
Posted: 2005-05-25, 7:24 pm

eddie69
Pepsi I don't know which cruise ride is better but my wife really enjoyed the Hotel Toren on our anniversary trip. Ask for deluxe rooms Fun Ed
Posted: 2005-05-28, 9:07 am

axxxtw Founder
a private salonboat would be the way to go for a special occasion. they're available all over town, and a few links are on this site (boats). if you're here and you spot a salonboat you particularly like, they often have their telephone number discreetly posted somewhere on the boat---just call.

salonboats are similar to a chauffered limo---except waterborn, and they usually include a bar and assorted other refreshments.

any canal boat tour cruises most of the main canals, and they're all beautiful and romantic---particularly at night. in a salonboat, you have the option of telling the captain where you wish to go, if you fancy somewhere in particular.

Posted: 2005-05-28, 4:53 pm

Roland Power Kat
My tip would be to guage when darkness comes and the lights normally come one (say 8:45) .

I would then take the closest boat ride before that time say 8 or 8:15. That way you'll have a partial daylight cruise and one in the twilight as the lights come on. Kind of nice really. You are normally able to bring your own drinks with you so if you stopped by a wine store or even Albert Heijn and picked up a small bottle (or a large on if you wish) you can have a couple of glasses as you ride around.

There are also several romantic night-time cruises offered as well offering wine and cheese. They are even nicer but more expensive of course.

Hope this helps. Regards. Roland
Posted: 2005-05-29, 5:23 pm

pepsi
Roland, thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Posted: 2005-06-01, 10:03 pm

MikeH
Hi

My wife and I get a local guy named Max to take us around on his boat named SAM. It is a small boat that you sit in hte front (bow) of hte boat and he will take you around the city. He even does a little bite to eat, he likes to cook and loves it when folks take him up on his meals. he will do any time of day or night. We take the boat around 9pm and go for 2-3 hours, the view of the city is totally different at night and from the water.

It is one of the most romantic things we have ever done and we hook up with Max everytime we go to Amsterdam. his is very reasonable when you think about what you get just to yourself without all teh tourist.

If you are interested send me a private email and I would love to tell you more about Max and Sam. We have a couple of pictures of Max and Sam from our last trip in july.

Have his last email address as well. You will not be sorry and it will be one of the most romantic things you could do.

myfuelie@aol.com put Amsterdam boat in subject line so I know its you.

hope you have a great 20th

Mike & Helen
Posted: 2005-06-06, 9:31 pm

Peter's Wife
Try Paradis Private Boat Tours. They have one private boat that only seats 5 people and two larger boats for bigger parties. I don't know the cost of renting the smaller boat but having your own private cruise would be nice.

Their webiste is www.privateboattours.nl and the telephone number is 31-20-6849338.

Good luck and enjoy your anniversary,

Peter's Wife
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: