Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hello, first time poster!
Posted: 2005-06-09, 3:46 pm

lagerguy
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hiya,

Been browsing this excellent site for a while now, but never posted. Looks like I'll be going to Amsterdam sometime in July with about 5 mates! Can anyone recommend a decent inexpensive but not grotty place to stay that is convenient for Centraal Station or the 'main action'?

We intend to visit the RLD and this site has been really helpful in giving the right kind of information. Also, is it easy to get veggie food in Amsterdam?

Many thanks, great site!

lagerguy
Re: Hello, first time poster!
Posted: 2005-06-09, 8:17 pm

innisarden
Welcome aboard,

You should really look into citymundo.com they offer apartments for rent and if there are 5 of you it should only cost about 20 tot 25 a night each. The other up side is you can smoke without worry, and you have a small kitchen that allows you to keep meal costs down. Have a great time and spread the love.
Peace
Posted: 2005-06-09, 9:09 pm

Neptune
Greetings lagerguy,

You might consider the Winston for a group of six. They have some large rooms that are fairly nice and with six guys the price will be very reasonable. The Winson is also right there in the RLD. The lobby area is a bit ratty, but hey, it's not the Kras. It does have an elevator, which is nice after an evening of overendulgence.

You can book it online via the hotel link on axxxtw, or directly via the Winston website:

http://www.winston.nl/

Peace, Neptune
Posted: 2005-06-09, 10:08 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
When in A'dam I always stay at the 'The Globe' hostel, it's about 50m from the 'action', also has a 24 hr bar with sky sports and does a fine full English breakfast. However, the rooms are basic, to say the least. Heres the web-site -

http://www.hotel-theglobe.nl/index.html
Posted: 2005-06-10, 6:43 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Welcome Aboard! Don't get too obsessive about hotel location. For a major "world class" city, Amsterdam is very small. Take a look at a map and keep in mind that you can walk from Centraal Station to the Dam in about 10 minutes and the Dam to Leidseplein in about 20 minutes. And the tram system is great. Have a wonderful time.
Posted: 2005-06-11, 2:15 am

newyork
i can relate to the obsession about hotel location; when planning a trip, i always imagine i will wake up at 4 in the morning, and it is a feeling of security to know i can walk a few steps and hop into bed with a gorgeous kamer girl of my choosing. the reality is that by the time i go to sleep i am usually drunk, high, and exhausted from the day's activities. but one of these nights.........ny
Posted: 2005-06-12, 2:39 am

MELLALEY

Last edited by MELLALEY on 2007-04-05, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2005-06-12, 8:56 pm

burgerbhoySupporting Member
Supporting Member
hi lagerguy,

i always stay at the torchitz, its across from the casa rossa, for larger parties they have apartments close by and you can use the 24 hour bar, but must admit the globe looks good, might try it the next time.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: