Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Disco for mature adults??
Posted: 2005-06-21, 10:49 pm

antaeus
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Visiting Amsterdam and Den Haag next week. Can anyone recommend a disco or a club where a man might meet a more mature or older woman on a disco or a dance floor. And then ask her for a coffee or a drink or something more daring?

Posted: 2005-06-22, 9:25 am

tyweed
Hello,

I have asked a smilar questions a while ago...here is the link.

Cheers,

Tyweed,

http://www.ignatzmice.com/WWWBoard/PHPB ... light=bars

Also, Here is a copy of the post from one member.

In Leidseplein I found plenty of hot single women:
Zebra Lounge
Palladium
Surprise Bar (smaller pub but plenty of hot, single, Dutch women)
Bulldog can actually be decent on some nights, they have a bar with a small dance floor.

There are a bunch of cool bars near Dam Square. They are all clustered in the same area (on Niewzide Vorbugal):

Absinthe
Diep
NL (tough doorman)

Rebrandtplein has some decent bars, they are off the main square.
The only bar I can think of is called "Cafe Nasty" but there are bunch of other cool bars in that area.

Have fun, my personal faves are in Leidseplein (or that's where I had the most success picking up girls)!

http://www.partyscene.nl/

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/Amsterdam/NL.asp

http://www.urbanguide.nl/

Hope that helps!
Re: Disco for mature adults??
Posted: 2005-06-22, 10:03 pm

Roland Power Kat
The problem is that Dutch women prefer Dutch men as they aren't looking for one night (or a couple of night) vacation type stands (though I do recognize that a few are). If you are just looking for dancing and a little flirting I would suggest live music at Bourbon Street (go after midnight) open till 4 or 5 depending on the night. All ages though some are older. There is a bar at 15 Amstel Straat formerly called the Soul Kitchen then the Backdoor but still disco oriented. Also an older crowd. If you are sure of your demographic and are willing to forego Dutch women and music I would suggest most of the better hotel bars (Kras, Victoria) or two terrace bars next to the Bijenkorf on the Dam. It is a great city to do the hustle so have fun.
If you REALLY need to find Dutch women try some of the Dutch bars in the Jordaan or on the Waag. Regards. Roland
Re: Disco for mature adults??
Posted: 2005-06-23, 10:16 am

antaeus
Sincere thanks to Tyweed and Roland. Will try some of your recommendations. I think that there is more fun in the "chase" and in flirting than in paying for it. Making eye-contact with some of the women who visit museums, and trying to "make it" with them is also worth a try I think!!

But thanks so much Tyweed and Roland. I appreciate you taking the trouble to reply.

Posted: 2005-06-24, 10:59 pm

Roland Power Kat
but appreciated. Good luck. Best regards. Roland
Re: No thanks needed...............
Posted: 2005-06-25, 5:50 pm

tyweed
Hello,

no worry since all the info came from Roland and the other members.

Since I myslef will be in A'dam in a few weeks, I will also appreicate the info from Roland.

I never thougt about the bars at Klas and Victoria since I never stay there, but that seems to make sense since Hotel Bars in the US or Japan are always good places to meet women (business women...).

If I don't get too stoned, I will defintely try to hit some bars....I willl report once I get there...

Cheers,

Tyweed
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: