Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
fishing in the dam
Posted: 2005-06-25, 4:09 am

tja0422
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
is there anyway we can fish in sep. in the canals or anywhere eles.
Re: fishing in the dam
Posted: 2005-06-25, 5:34 am

bedge
I havent seen anyone fishing in the canals for 25 years.There was the odd 1 or 2 years ago but i havent noticed any in reacent years.
The last stop on the #57 metro (i think) is gaasperplass there is a large lake there that has carp among others types.It is 20 mins from central station.You will need a licence but i cant remember were you get them from.
good luck
bedge
Posted: 2005-06-25, 8:33 pm

oidar
Amsterdam Gardens: Amsterdamse Bos (Amsterdam Wood) - Nieuwe Kalfjeslaan, Amstelveen
el: +31 020 643 1414
Created in the 1930s, this vast park measures 900 hectares / 2000 acres. Specimen trees from many countries are now firmly established, as well as shrubs and trees native to The Netherlands. Providing a haven for many kinds of insects and small animals, the wood is also home to many species of birds, especially water birds. The wood is popular with Amsterdammers and there are many sporting facilities which can be enjoyed here, including cycling, jogging, walking, riding, fishing, swimming, rowing, and sailing. The Bosmuseum, situated in the park and open daily from 10:00 to 17:00, tells the story of how the wood was created. One area of the park which is very picturesque, especially in springtime, is the Kersenbloesempark (Cherry Blossom Park) which features over 400 flowering cherry trees signifying the cultural ties which exist between Japan and The Netherlands.
Gardens admission: free
Posted: 2005-06-26, 2:49 am

tja0422
thanks so much for the reply.
Posted: 2005-06-26, 10:45 am

hedgehog
A few years ago we saw a group of young lads fishing one of the waterways between Oosterdok and Nieuwmarkt/Waterlooplein (perhaps Oude Schans). They were using whips - not that kind! - and although we didn't see them catching anything in the several minutes we watched, they all seemed to know what they were doing.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: