Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
The beach
Posted: 2005-06-27, 9:59 am

Roger
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Im having my first long trip to AMS this year. Europe is sweating and that means sweaty balls. Therefore my question is, if I decided to go out of the city to a beach. How, Where do you go to get a dip in the ocean?

Any suggestions?
Re: The beach
Posted: 2005-06-27, 12:51 pm

superbau
http://www.bloomingdale.id-t.com/2005/

Bloomingdale is a disco-bar on the sand beach, near Amsterdam.
I never been there but , seen pictures, it would be like a Ibiza "cafe de mar" style.
Anyway they explain you how to reach the sea.
Posted: 2005-06-27, 4:26 pm

420 Power Kat
Check out the Beach areas in Egmond Ansi(sp?). Take the train to Alkmaar, then jump on one of the buses that run to the North Sea,, nice small town, nice beach,, should be plenty of Dutch girls enjoying the surf and sand. This was one of my favorite side trips in Holland,, and I have taken a few!

Posted: 2005-06-27, 5:26 pm

withnail Power Kat
you can always try zandvort on zee as i did this past sunday. we are in the midst of a heatwave here in the netherlands and have been for about a week and a half now so you can imagine how many beautiful girls there are everywhere. i have just literally come from (or was that 'in') the vondelpark where the post-office crowd were just arriving to strip out of their pin stripes and into their tiniest possible bikinis - an every evening ritual. this morning it was sarphatipark for me and only a pressing appointment kept me away from the door of number 118, i can tell you.

love to all from 30+ degree amsterdam :-)

withnail
Posted: 2005-06-28, 3:54 pm

Roger
Sounds ok, See you in the park on Monday morning, evening as long as I find the way out or is it in!!
Posted: 2005-06-29, 2:56 am

dwj
Hi Withnail,

thanks for the weather update you lucky dog! I only hope it lasts cos I arrive on the 22nd July for 3 days, the garden decking project has been binned off.

Would like to finally catch up with you for a beer and a smoke and share some of your wisdom. Still holding you to that game of darts, can't say I can remember seeing a dartboard in Amsterdam but they surely exist, you'll know.

Dave
Posted: 2005-06-29, 5:26 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2005-06-29, 6:58 pm

Roland Power Kat
Get a train ticket at the station for Zandvoort. Change trains at Haarlem and away you go. Ask when you buy your ticket. A day return is cheaper than 2 one ways. Total trip including change is about 40 minutes. When you get to the beach promenade the pavillions closest to the train station are normally for families and immigrants so are more conservative. As you go further down the beach the pavillions become looser (lots and lots of topless chicks) and more musically inclined (sound systems) as well as younger. After the tower that you see in the distance (assuming that you are on the beach; it is on the boardwalk) there are the nude beaches at "Adam and Eva" and that is followed by the gay area. I would suggest that you probably want to go to the yellow coloured umbrellas. The chaisses are to be rented for the day and waiters and waitresses will take your order as they walk down from the pavillion. The pavillions are basically a restaurant/bar/washroom/kitchen combination. They offer showers for rinsing (normally free) but expect you to pay for the bathrooms as well as the chaisses on the beach. Chairs on the patio are free as long as you eat and drink something. Oh yeah, if it is really warm go early (say 9 or 10) and come back early say 4 or 5. You can also bring some bottled water with you if you want to save a bit. Keep yourself hydrated and watch for sun-burn as the beach reflects the sun. I'll be there. Hope this helps. Regards. Roland
Posted: 2005-06-30, 11:21 am

Roger
Thnks Roland !!

Great info !!

Hopefully the weather will last a few more days.

Cant wait

Roger
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: