Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
thai food
Posted: 2005-07-11, 12:12 am

iloveamsterdam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
there is a really good thai resteraunt on zeedijk called thai bird..just thought i'd share this tip having just sampled some of the best grub in amsterdam!
Re: thai food
Posted: 2005-07-11, 9:48 pm

freakpa
Good call. I have been looking for a good Thai place here. Now if I could just find zeedijk....
Posted: 2005-07-11, 10:55 pm

amsterdamfan
here you go mate i think this is right ................................. http://www.zoekopdekaart.nl/company.asp ... 444831&so=
Posted: 2005-07-11, 11:15 pm

eddie69
I have been enjoying their food for 3 years now. Did you check out their little take out snack bar accross the street?? good and less exspensive Ed
Posted: 2005-07-11, 11:20 pm

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
A tad more expensive than Bird but really, really good Thai food is at Kooning van Siam (King of Siam) on the OZV. It's north of the Oudekerk. I was tipped off to this place by the Thai cuite Tanja on Bethlemsteeg. She also recommended Top Thai, http://www.topthai.nl/, it's on Herenstraat between the Heren and Keizer canals not in the Wallen. Surprisingly I don't think Tanja thought highly of Bird...
Posted: 2005-07-12, 11:51 am

freakpa
Good call. Thanks!
Posted: 2005-07-12, 4:36 pm

uberchef
First off, I'll do / believe / worship anything Tanja recommends! ;o) Seriously, I miss that lovely Ukranian cookie.

Thai Bird is one of Mr. Withnail's all-time favorite spots...and he's a local these days, so heed his advice! All you punters might appreciate that it's conveniently located just off the Nieumarkt too. Running laps around the Sexyland area can work up an appetite~!

My personal favorite Thai restaurant in Amsterdam, which I've always held in the highest of regards is Take Thai, on Utrechtsestraat. Granted, the all-white airy decor is a little upscale, and certainly best reserved for a nice evening with the girl of your choice, the food is delicious, accessible, and pleasing to anyone's palatte who likes Thai cuisine. Prices are on the high end of moderate.

I'm not messing around, this place takes top honors for me. Don't miss their duck and whole fish preparations, or the addictive fried banana dessert with natural vanilla ice cream...simply scrumptious!

~uberchef.
Posted: 2005-07-12, 5:14 pm

withnail Power Kat
thai bird has recently been struck off my list after an unfortunate experience with a dodgy squid. like chewing an old car tyre, it was. that said im perhaps jumping the gun a bit with one bad meal as ive previously enjoyed at least 20 decent feeds there in the past few months. the thai on elandsgracht is also very fine, it may be called 'top thai' 'take thai' 'thai a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree' or something, anyway its close to the creuyff and smit sports shop and its damned good.

regards from sunny amsterdam

withnail
Posted: 2005-07-13, 4:35 am

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey Uberchef, just to be clear I got the restaurant tips from Tanja the Thai girl in the second to last kamer daytimes on Bethlemsteeg and not Tanja the "lovely Ukranian cookie" who's in kamer 2 or 3. Altho I'll bet she's got good tips on restaurants too.
Question for Withnail
Posted: 2005-07-18, 12:05 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I was sorry to read about your recent experience at Thai Bird, it's been one of my favorites (I love the duck curry). Was the squid you complained about poorly prepared or was it spoiled? As you implied, a bad meal can happen. A restaurant serving spoiled sea food is more disturbing.
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: