Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Another Endless Hotel Question
Posted: 2005-07-18, 12:06 am

Raven
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Anyone ever stay at the Luxor Hotel in the red light district.if so, what is your take on it.I am planning my trip and need a place close to the RLD,3-Star at least. Hopefully it is quiet.You can come and go as you please at any hour.Any other suggestions woud be appreciated. Raven
Re: Another Endless Hotel Question
Posted: 2005-07-18, 12:36 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Try the Golden Tulip Inntel on NZ Kolk. I've stayed there 3 or 4 times. It's quite nice, very modern but not "romantic" in the way the old canal house hotels are. However, the rooms are large by Amsterdam standards, I"ve had no problems smoking in the room , and no one is aware of your comings and goings. It's also a 5 min or so walk to the RLD, across the street from Betty Boop and just down the street from De Kuil.
Posted: 2005-07-18, 1:36 am

Raven
Thank you abc123 for the info: I will certainly give the hotel a good look.Take care Raven
Posted: 2005-07-18, 11:25 am

Jon500
Try putting 'Amsterdam Hotels + reviews' into your google search engine or go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1885 ... otels.html. You will be surprised at what comes back. Some hotels look great on the net but get poor reviews. Go for the ones with good reviews and a reasonabe price and you are a lot safer. Some of the cheaper hotels in the main rld have some poor reviews and look suspect - dont spoil your trip with a grotty hotel Ams is such a good experience!
Posted: 2005-07-20, 6:40 pm

spacecake
I've stayed at the Luxor twice and have no complaints. Great location and the rooms are nice enough. The staff are also very helpful and serve a nice beer downstairs. You could certainly do a lot worse for the money.
Posted: 2005-07-20, 10:03 pm

amsterdamfan
the luxer is top draw mate me and the wife stayed there in feb this year very nice hotel
we will be staying there again in oct for a week !!!!!
Posted: 2005-07-21, 9:55 pm

Quimrod
I stayed at the Luxer early last year. The room was very small yet fully self-contained and quite reasonably priced considering its central location. A minutes walk from the main RLD. The breakfast spread was a little limited though
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: