Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Restaurant
Posted: 2005-07-25, 10:27 am

gezellig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi

I read over the weekend that the staff were held up at gunpoint, tied up and robbed. Anyone know where to in the city is it and how long's it been open too?

Cheers
G~
Re: Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Restaurant
Posted: 2005-07-25, 11:59 am

sun-n-fun Moderator
Pakhuis Amsterdam Jollemanhof 9
1019 GW Amsterdam
0900 - FIFTEEN (3438336) info@fifteen.nl

and website is
http://www.fifteen.nl/index.php?menu=ENGELS
Re: Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Restaurant
Posted: 2005-07-25, 3:47 pm

uberchef
Hey-o Gazza, 15 is located in the oost part of the 'Dam, due east of Centraal Station.

I googled 15 this A.M. but hadn't heard any news of a robbery...if indeed it is true, what a shame. Jamie Oliver's chili is worth its weight in gold!

If you happen to hear any news, definitely pass it on. In the meantime, here's a snippet of a review from the NY Times:

It's a sign of the city's happening status that the Naked Chef (aka Jamie Oliver) chose Amsterdam for his second Fifteen restaurant, at Jollemanhof 9, (31-20) 509-5016, www.fifteen.nl. Although a bit out of the way amid construction sites on the harbor, Fifteen is usually booked two weekends in advance. Interiors are a clashing mix of colorful street graffiti on the walls and enormous Moooi chandeliers. You can opt for either the fixed three-course daily menu ($56.50 without wine) in the restaurant or, on Sunday to Thursday, hang out at the more relaxed Trattoria with its à la carte pasta menu.

Sounds quite pricy for a meal cooked by juvenile delinquents.

I had the extreme gastro-pleasure of dining at Chef Nobu Matsuhisa's NOBU last night here in Manhattan. Exquisite! Marky-Mark Wahlberg was chowing down at the table to my right...walked out of there quite a bit lighter in the wallet, but it was definitely worth every cent.

Peace!
~uber.
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: