Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Parking ticket in Gouda
Posted: 2005-07-31, 10:00 pm

Texan
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Looking for help from some locals on this one. On our last visit to Fun4Two in June, we received a parking ticket on our rental car while in Gouda. (Overstayed our alotted time in the space). When we returned the car to Schipol, I informed the attendant about the ticket and he said to not do anything because the city would either do nothing about it when they found out it was a rental car or the car company would simply pay it and bill our credit card.

Well, this week we received a form from the city of Gouda (in Dutch) which, I assume tells us we need to pay the ticket. It is e47,50. My question is this, should we just ignore the letter or go ahead and pay it. What would happen if we did nothing. I do not want my picture on any "most wanted" lists in Holland! :)

Any advice is appreciated.
Re: Parking ticket in Gouda
Posted: 2005-08-01, 2:23 am

420 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I got a ticket in the Wim Rocket because I left it in Alkmaar overnight on Laat Street .. 47E is about the standard for a parking ticket. My suggestion would be to go ahead and pay it,, just thing about your return visits to Europe when you may get pulled over while driving, or checked at customs,, immigration, etc.. We break enough laws (American) while in Amsterdam, why not abide by their's !

Good thing they don't give out tickets for double parking on the Tromp :-)

[ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: