Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Package or individual(flight and hotel)
Posted: 2005-08-09, 5:14 am

losfor
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I've been pricing travel and hotel stays. It seems my goto, hotwire is out of discount airfares to the dam for the near future, unless you book way in advance. And i've seen some decent rates for package deals. With the rising price of fuel, anybody have any suggestions. The city has been calling me lately. I've always done better with booking flights and hotels separately. Or staying at hostels.

No catch phrase,

Losfor
Re: Package or individual(flight and hotel)
Posted: 2005-08-09, 6:54 pm

s3ssion
I really dislike package deals, I always book things individually myself

I always book at least 6 weeks in advance, then you should have no problem
But depends where in the world you're travelling from
Posted: 2005-08-09, 11:04 pm

Boaby
Some of the packages look good, especially if you got the hunger to be in the Dam. However they tend to be disappointing in my experience. I did a flight and a bus package my first two trips and the main problem was that the hotels were described as being in Amsterdam but weren't, one was so far out it had a sign Germany 1km outside ( joke, but only just). So in the long run you're better on your own I think.
Posted: 2005-08-10, 12:27 am

iloveamsterdam
www.easyjet.com
www.hotels.nl

just got a flight for £3.49 each way
who needs apackage deal!!
Posted: 2005-08-10, 5:46 am

losfor
Let me tell you i;m from the USA. So, my main goal is getting to Europe from Washington DC area. That is really expensive. So i've not had the luck i've had in the past finding cheap flights. I'm very much aware of Easy Jet, once i get over to the UK.
Posted: 2005-08-10, 1:48 pm

AmstLover
I recommend that you take a look at www.coffeeshoptravel.com. They have good packages to Amsterdam for the Cannabis Cup. The hotels are good - the Bulldog Hotel, the Winston, etc.

AmstLover
Posted: 2005-08-12, 2:19 pm

onceagain2
yeah okay amstlover

Posted: 2005-08-14, 12:24 am

AmstLover
Hey Once Again,

I have been to Amsterdam 10 times in the last two years, & know the city & how much it costs to get & stay there. I really don't mind how you travel. I just wanted to recommend a decent value.

AmstLover
Posted: 2005-08-14, 2:49 am

losfor
I'm pretty much interested in the cheapest flight. If you know what the cheapest international flight from Washington DC to Amsterdam, or to London. Cause i see that Easy Jet is cheap. But i guess that only operates from Luton or Stansted. I guess i could take a taxi or a train from England. But of course i'd like a direct flight. I'll probably stay at a hostel, so don't worry about that. I always like to stay at a hotel the last night or two, for the comfort. But that shouldn't be a problem unless its that week were the trade conference is or cannabis cup.

Since the packages include hotels for the cannabis cup. Is it hard to get a hotel or hostel room during those two weeks. And is the overcrowding a big problem or a minor problem.I appreciate the help mates, Easy Jet has great prices. But the the rise in gas prices is making international travel too much. Help me get back to the Dam for a third visit.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: