Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel Casa 400
Posted: 2005-08-13, 11:15 am

bartender100
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi,newby to the forum,but not to Amsterdam,stopping in on the 23 rd on my way back from 3 years in Thailand.

Is it easy to get back to this hotel late at night,does anyone know please,it seems a good option at 50 euro a night with shower/toilet.
Re: Hotel Casa 400
Posted: 2005-08-13, 1:16 pm

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Casa 400 is a bit "60's" now, but its a good deal at the money.

The train station is just around the corner and trains into the RLD very fast, frequent and convenient.

Parking is a bit of a nuisance though.
Posted: 2005-08-14, 1:54 am

Larry
Careful though as there's no trains between roughly 1 AM and 4 AM most nights and on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings there's no trains between 1 AM and 7:30 AM. In those situations take the 355 Holendrecht or the 356 Bijlmermeer night bus from Centraal Station. I'd also recommend the metro other hours as it's more convenient and has more departures from Centraal Station and Nieuwmarkt. All metros at those stops stop at Amstel Staion which is closest to Casa 400.
Posted: 2005-08-14, 8:29 am

bartender100
Thanks for the replies,I think I'll give it a miss,don't fancy messing with bus's late at night.

If you don't mind me pricking your brains again,another option that suits me is The Thorbecke hotel,only thing puts me off this one is I know they have a very late bar(been there many times),and wondered about the noise. upstairs

They have a room avalible and I asked about this,but they never mentioned it in the reply.

If anyone ever wants info on Thailand,Pattaya in particular, please feel free to ask me.
Posted: 2005-08-14, 9:05 am

Larry
You shouldn't worry about the bus's. It's so easy. At http://www.gvb.nl/english/default.asp ...use the Central Station area map to find the stop for your lines. Open during the day across the street from Centraal Station is a two story looking white, red tile roofed building that is the GVB office where you can buy an uurskaart that allows you to go anywhere in Amsterdam 24 hours a day by only flashing the pass- couldn't be easier. Have the nightbus driver show you the stop nearest De Lairessestraat which is an easy walk to your hotel.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: