Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
5 Takes Europe (Travel Channel)
Posted: 2005-08-14, 8:12 pm

420 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Any of you see the show last night on the Travel Channel? 5 kids from the USA given $50 per day to survive while doing film documentaries around various cities in Europe. Last two weeks were Barcelona and Paris,, Amsterdam last night,, followed by Prague, Venice and ending in Athens.

I laughed to myself last night when they arrived in Amsterdam on a saturday night around 21:00 without any accomodations. They tried (unsuccessfully) to get a room that night and ended up getting kicked out of Central Station when it closed.. They finally got a room at Bob's Youth Hostel for the week.

The Travel Channel has a site set up for viewers to write in their suggestions for places to visit.
I thought they would cover up the debauchary but ended up doing a stroll thru the RLD (hidden camera) and visiting De Dampkring. The tour guide for the RLD warned them repeatedly not to film while trolling the RLD,, told them quite a few times that "the girls families do not know they work the RLD and want their privacy,, AND that their Big BF's would surely trash their huge video cameras (travel channel's) if they went thru with their plan to film. Also spent time at the Anne Frank House, Canal Cruise, Wooden Shoe stores, and a few music venues.

177 Nationalities represented in Amsterdam,,, unbelievable !

Posted: 2005-08-14, 8:59 pm

Joecaddy
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I saw it and was great to see the place I love, my home away from home - Amsterdam. Interesting show and I am glad they did shed some light on the coffee shops, as well as the RLD. Also nice to see that they talked about the meaning of the XXX, Bravery, Persistence and Courage.

Lang Leve Nederlands

Joecaddy.....l
 [ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: