Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Turnip paying BIG respect!
Posted: 2005-08-15, 5:48 pm

Mr Kippers
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi there all. Firstly, thank you for all the hard work, honest comments and sense of humour that is in this site. It is everything a site should be, easy to use, interesting, original and funny, well done!

Now the creepings out of the way I need some help. I'm organising a little jolly to your lovely city in September, anyhow, only been for lunch before in the Dam, and went into the nearest coffee shop there was, then I went off to Antwerp with a mate who lives there.

Anyhow, I want to do a day long tour of as many shops as we can manage (lol), I've come up with a sort of circuit, starting near our Hotel..(Terminus) and going down as far as Dampring then back up.

What I really need, is an up-to-date, no holds bared appraisal for the places listed, and whether any of them is a definite NO. I know it's all subjective, but you guys know a hell of a lot than I can glean over the net from sites.

Also, other than any NO's, could you stick in a recommendation or two,(preferably with any great interesting green for sale.) I just intend to get a gram in each place, (is that equivalent as a tenth in the uk? )

Lastly, do you think it's way too much, and we should just chill in one or two places. We're all over 30, and like seats, hate techno/shouting,..

Below is my plan so far: (map refs are for the site I choose to plan it, can’t remember ATM)

9.30am Hill Street Blues (10)
To sit in the back area and check out the police station out the back. They also are renowned for good cakes & biscuits. yum yum. :wink:

11am Conscious Dreams (head shop) (5)
The best head shop in the centrum, and here I expect to find some Hawain mushrooms.

11.30am Route 99 (used to be called 'The Wall') (82)
Famed for 'Bubblegum'...nice.

12.30 Old Style(78 )
here we find the best solid in town, and hopefully some sweet 'charis'.

At this point we slightly wander off the Centrum map, and you will need to go to the 'Amsterdam Map' and I fancy a homage to an awsome band...

1.30pm Pink Floyd (Map Ref E1)
Probably just for a snack and a chill to check out the 3 floors of floyd stuff :)

2pm Barneys Breakfast Bar(Map Ref D1)
This aint just for breakfast...I wanna taste their 'Amnesia Haze' and 'Caramella' if it's in stock, nice cuppa tea here apparently.

Now back on the centrum map, I expect we'll all by gigglin wreaks by this stage so a little wander for 10 mins to get straight then (back on the Centrum map)

3.30pm Anyday(96 - Map Ref B4)
Good reports and a nice vibe along an intersting street of small shops.

4.30pm Abraxas Coffee Shop (109 - Map Ref B8 )
One of the best most toursit freindly in town...apparently.

5.30pm De Dampkring (112 - Map Ref D11)
One of the original coffee shops, bit of a walk, but hopefully worth it, looks lovely and striking from the outside....hoping to try some 'NYC Diesel'.

6.30pm Greenhouse Centrum (37 - Map Ref E7)
Greenhouse have a number of coffee shops all over Holland, this one's got a good reputation, and now were finally headed for the Terminus, skirting along side (but not into) the Red Light District. Here I wanna try some 'Hawain Snow'

7.30pm Stones Cafe (18 Map Ref - D4)
Described as loud and british, I thought it'd be interesting to see a different type of shop, it also sells beer and shows (when on) live English footy matches...

Thnaks for any replies :)

Mr Kippers
Re: Turnip paying BIG respect!
Posted: 2005-08-15, 8:14 pm

oh baby
Haven't been to many of those shops, but I suspect you're being a tad ambitious - we usually never make it out of De Kuil!

There are 3 and a half grams to the eighth of an ounce. Weed can be VERY good in the dam, so you're not going to want to buy that much. A couple of grams can last a surprising amount of time.
Posted: 2005-08-15, 8:41 pm

Mr Kippers
Thanks oh baby,

Yep, I'm having second thoughts too :)

Is De Kuil a chilled out place for oldies or a techno trap...

I'll deffo just buy grammes, (don't suppose you can buy 1/2 gms, lol)

I wanna try variety, I only smoke pure weed, everyday, but still run a buiness and do loads...

Mr Kippers
Posted: 2005-08-15, 11:25 pm

oh baby
Some places may do half grams - I know the Greenhouse out in the sticks does. Bloody snobby bastards there, though, but I digress. The Greenhouse in the centre near the RLD is cool, as is Dampkring.

De Kuil is the ultimate CS for those not loving techno shite. Has beer, good weed, pleasant staff and clientele and an excellent pool table. It's got the lot. Let me know if you need directions.

I also smoke pure, due to giving up the fags a couple of years ago. Always knocks me for 6, though.
Posted: 2005-08-17, 5:31 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2005-08-18, 1:37 am

luther vandross
Mr Kippers,

Could you be a bit more precise on when you plan to be where? You are either the most ambitious stoner in the history of stoners or you are missing the whole point of riding the coffeeshop rail in AD. If you are doing things right, your favorite coffeeshop will be the one you are currently sitting in, whether it's 9:30am, 2:45, or, of course, 4:20. If you don't fall off schedule at Hill Street, then something ain't right. It's about feeling gezellig, cozy, as if in the womb again. It's about throwing man's frantic nature away, at least for a sweet, short period of time.
My advice is lose the timetable, get Zen on their asses , and become the coffeeshop, become Amsterdam!

Posted: 2005-08-19, 8:41 pm

PARAQUAT
Hey,

I appreciate what Luther is telling you, "AMS is best served chilled" but on the other hand it is so refreshing to see motivated stoners. I too smoke every day all day and run a very successful company. It is refreshing to see a stoner with drive and ambition. If you can make it to all those shops in a day more power to you.

My favorites are:

ANYDAY - The Sneek
DEKUIL - Super Silver Haze
KATSU - All their Sativas
and Barney's does make a good cup of tea

Have Fun,

Paraquat
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: