Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
3rd - 6th July 2006 Trip - Clubbing & Drugs?
Posted: 2006-06-13, 1:12 pm

Pillow
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi All

Right, 6 of us British guys (18) are heading to the Dam between the 3rd-6th July to celebrate our A-Level Graduation. My good friend Frenchy (a member of this forum) is one of the 6.

Right, getting straight to the point, we are planning on hitting a club on 4th July (independence day!) as we are hoping that there will be plenty of American Girls there during this time, and hopefully LOTS out clubbing that night. Can anyone confirm this? Will there be alot of American girls out on that night do you think or around Amsterdam in that general time?

The main reason of this topic is to ask what the best club is in A'Dam? Looking for your average BIG club with plenty of decent dance music! Also, any that Americans tend to go to? Also, not sure if im allowed to ask this, but freedom of speech and thta i guess i am... what drugs would you recommend to take before a heavy night clubbing? I have only experinced weed and am enthusiastic is trying 'shrooms, E, coke, crystal meth (well anything really apart from crack, smack or heroin). Im guessing the obv answer is E but thats stereotype and they may be a better option?

Also, if you do recommend, as i have no experience with any of these and so could you also reccommend a dosage? Im 5'10" and around 130lb. The reason i want to try these drugs now, is because i am going to University in the near future and i would not like to take the drugs under peer pressure around people i dont know very well at some random Uni Party where i do not know my surroundings if things go bad. And, if possible, where to get the drugs (of good quality).

Thanks a Bunch

Ross
Re: 3rd - 6th July 2006 Trip - Clubbing & Drugs?
Posted: 2006-06-13, 1:58 pm

withnail Power Kat
so just so i have this straight in my mind - youve never taken any drugs but would rather buy some from a stranger in a foreign country because buying them in uni from your peers is dodgy. am i getting this right? seems warped logic to me. if i had interest in the drugs you mention i think i would feel at least a little more comfortable getting them through a 'trusted' source i.e. a friend.

i wish you luck on your trip but for pitys sake do not buy anything from the street dealers. you will not get what you were expecting. i would suggest you go to a smart shop, of which there are numerous, and talk to them about mushrooms and truffles. they will give you sound advice including suggestive courses of action if things do not go to plan.

for club info check www.link2party.nl

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-06-13, 2:02 pm

Sam40
Pillow,
I like the Paradiso, near the Leidseplein. It's in a cool old (former) church. Great dance parties, hot bands, etc... but there are great clubs all over town. Extasy(sp?) has serious health risks. In the US at raves there is usually a booth where you can have your pill tested to make sure that it is at least reasonably pure EX and not Ketamine or something worse.

Please don't do mushrooms or some other psychedelic and expect to be social ESPECIALLY for a first time user. If you aren't familiar with how you'll be once you come on, arrange a quiet surrounding with experienced, sober buddies who will be your higher brain function for about 8 hours or so and make a mental note in advance to trust them. if you mix mushrooms with alcohol, you're wasting both and sending your brain off in several directions at once.

If you want to ATTRACT the american girls, try staying (mostly) sober yourself. Can you do one beer per hour? Reasonable toking is always in fashion. Sorry about sounding preachy. Enjoy!

a votre sante,
Sam
Posted: 2006-06-13, 3:06 pm

Pillow
"withnail" ...

Sorry, i dont think i explained myself properly. When we go to Amsterdam, it will be with 5 other friends who i trust with my life who i have known for many years. If i am going to try some drugs that i have never experimented with, i would like to do it around those people inside our flat over there that we have hired.

If i have a bad reaction to the drugs i know i will be safe in the hands of the people i trust. I am going to a uni way up north of Eng (i live way down south!) and none of my friends (or anyone i even know!) are going to the same Uni as myself. When i arrive, there will be lots of welcoming partys and stuff, and so, if a drug, such as cocaine was offered to me then, i would probably have it and give into peer pressure. If something goes wrongs, il panick even more knowing that i dont know anyone around me and in a random dorm/house in a town that i am not familiar with. I wouldnt trust anyone to look after me! I hope thats a better explanation....

"Sam40" ...

Thanks very much for the info about the clubs. I am aware that there are a few places around Amsterdam that test your ecstacy which i would most likely do if before i decide to take any. Also, thanks for the info on the 'shrooms. I was not aware that the effects were around 8 hours!?

And i may sound strange about asking about the American girls but a couple of years ago i ended up chatting to 2 American girls whilst i was in San Fransisco and the accent just made them extremely attractive in my opinion. Would just really like to talk (and dance!) with a few American girls this time in A'Dam!
Posted: 2006-06-13, 4:00 pm

papawhiteheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Why would you go to Amsterdam to hang out with American girls? I've been to Amsterdam about ten times in the last 7 years and have never seen a lot of American girls there, why would there be?
Posted: 2006-06-13, 4:04 pm

withnail Power Kat
fair enough - sounds like you have things planned out. though you still have to get your drugs either by way of smuggling them in or buying them from unscrupulous folk here in the city (which i would not recommend at all if you do not know anybody).

there sometimes seems to be an idea amongst people that here in amsterdam the streets are paved with drugs and that everything is free and easy. it isnt. cannabis is tolerated but not legal. cocaine, ecstasy and the like are totally illegal and frowned upon by many. just be aware and proceed with caution. you will certainly see a hell of a lot more cocaine flying around most english pubs than your average amsterdam bar. two weeks ago in london i could not believe the prevailance of coke. people breaking up rocks in the bar, everybody with a summer cold. depressing, really.

now so far as smuggling is concerned i would say this - as i said, i popped over to england two weeks ago and was given an extremely hard time by customs at each end. the heaviest body pat down i have ever experienced at schiphol then the full bag turn out at london luton. this is becoming more and more frequent in recent times. regardless whether you are planning on carrying personal 'items' from your direction or this one i would suggest excercising great caution at the moment. whilst you are unlikely to encounter any difficulties coming IN to amsterdam that seems to no longer be a given.

sorry to sound like your mummy....

withnail

ps. you brighton boys shouldve been in the Zap club back in '89. now them was drug days... ;-)
Posted: 2006-06-13, 4:44 pm

Sam40
Dear Pillow,

Preachy Sam is Baaack.

I'm more awake now and just reread your post. OMIGHOD! Coke causes heart attacks, even in young strapping lads. Andyaknowwhat? The hospital staff park "coke attacks" in the hall to fend for themselves if there are "real" emergencies to attend to.

METH IS DEATH.

Do your homework. Get mushrooms from a reputable smartshop and ask questions. Tell them you are a first time user.

Your post didn't say that you were contemplating smuggling any contraband into or out of, but, of course, it's a really bad idea, and, it's a really bad idea.

Like Richard Allport(sp?) (Baba Ram Dass) said: The object is not to GET high but to BE high.
a votre sante,
Sam
Posted: 2006-06-13, 4:55 pm

Pillow
Lol, Oh Yeah, Zap is still around just not as popular anymore, The Honey Club is the place to be now! And back in '89 i would have needed a seriously good fake ID considering i was only 1 year old! Haha.

Im aware of the drugs in Amsetrdam, this wont be my 1st visit to A'Dam. We stayed in the heart of the RLD back in Feb. I know all about the weed and stuff, also about the coke and e that the dealers come up and offer you.

The thing is, i know the coke you get from the dealers is supposed to be crap. One of the guys who is going went last year and bought 2 grams of coke for 50 euros and it was a load of crap. Is there an area where good e and coke is offered by the dealers or are they all attempting to rip you off?

Smuggling is completely out of the question. I cant afford to get a criminal record for something so stupid. Especially as im studying Criminolgy & Organised Crime (drug smuggling) at uni as i wish to enter the police force or HM Customs! lol! Wouldnt look too great on my application forms!
Posted: 2006-06-13, 5:13 pm

withnail Power Kat
cannot help you. no pills or coke for me, dank u wel. though i did partake back in '89, i must be honest (but to be fair i was 20 at the time so old enough ;-)

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-06-13, 5:22 pm

french7034
"Pillow" mate, fuck the hard drugs... nothing wrong with a bit of bud and some beers, then head to a lovely lady of the night. Following that, hit the clubs. Also, whats the point in making such an effort with some girls in the club when you can take 50E out of ur pocket?

Im up for anything the wonderful city has to offer, and perhaps a cheeky E wouldnt hurt, but the reason I love the paradise city is, as well as the general attitude of the place, because one can feel at ease having a nice joint, then visiting a lady's kamer, without feeling like you are doing anything wrong. When you start stretching the already liberal rules of the country I think its a bit of a piss take. We should be thankful that there is a place like the Dam where we can do these things without pushing the boat out too far!

Just a thought matey,

French
Posted: 2006-06-13, 5:55 pm

Pillow
lol, well, me and Breedsy are gonna have our blow and we can all have an E before the heavy clubbing night.

Oh yeah, making a massive dance song playlist this time, too much time was spent changing the ipod last time! got 81 tracks so far!

Plus its the chatting up and the dancing with the girls that is the best part! Good ol' English Charm! hahahahahaha, PFFT, yeah RIGHT! =P... "i cannot wait to see ur fanny"
Posted: 2006-06-13, 7:23 pm

vicgoo
Pillow,if you can make it a few days before or after that period,there,s two awesome raves at the soccer arena.On July 1-Sensation White,on July 8 Sensation Black.White is mostly trance,Black is the darker side-Hardstyle,hardcore.I personally like the dark side more,but like all dance music.As far as clubs i,ve had great times at Escape in Remblantplein.I also heard Powerzone is good-no door policy,etc,but was never there.Here,s their sites: www.thepowerzone.nl www.escape.nl

Posted: 2006-06-14, 12:42 pm

Pillow
Wow, thanks for that info....

Feel kinda sad now because we have already booked the flights and the accomodation. Also, our graduation ceromony and ball are on the 1st July and our final day is on the 7th! They sound extremely appealing to me which is a shame.
Posted: 2006-06-15, 1:05 pm

StarrDluX
shrooms have a lot of the same effect as E and are perfectly legal. they also tend to clear out of your system so you can still function the next day. i gave up E because it was so damn dirty you never knew what you were getting....and the jail sentance wasn't appealing either. i highly recommend the smart shop on spuistraat called innerspace. they have a dope selection (no pun intended..hehe) and a nice staff... oh and the store doggie is super cute and fun to pet.

PS. you are NUTS to even begin to say that you are open to trying crystal meth (but not crack, smack, etc). it is a dirty dirty evil nasty drug that will rip your life apart and is just as bad as the ones you shun.

go to 'Dam and enjoy the legal things.

finally - this American girl appreciates a bloke who is not totally off his face as most of the gaggles of male, British tourists tend to be.

Posted: 2006-06-15, 1:25 pm

withnail Power Kat
thats right, british always drunk blah blah blah. turn the record over.

withnail
Posted: 2006-06-15, 2:48 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-06-15, 3:22 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-06-15, 3:36 pm

StarrDluX
withnail - i was mos def talking about TOURISTS.... surely not you.

i am not a huge fan of drunk in public regardless of where one hails from... :)

Posted: 2006-06-15, 3:48 pm

french7034
British mentality can be wrong. The tourists tend to get blind drunk and rowdy. But, if people know how to deal with them then it can be ok. I have a season ticket at Chelsea where you find some of the roughest bastards around, but they are actually alright if left to themselves. Sometimes we are just followed by our reputation which is mainly owing to some twats who ruin the fun, but we Brits are nice people really!

The Smart shop you talk about is perfect as we are staying near Spui Sq. Looking forward to that and will obv be careful with the doses as am a relative ameteur with the Shrooming business.

16 Days to go!
Posted: 2006-06-15, 4:26 pm

withnail Power Kat
ok, i didnt mean to open a whole can of worms here. im afraid the cliche of drunk brits on the piss just becomes terribly repetitive after youve read it 100 times (and no i certainly was not taking it personally).

i have observed the behaviour of my fellow englishmen over the past 15 months since i have been living full time here in the city and in defence of the nation i have witnessed dozens of groups of guys behaving in a friendly and civilised way on their weekend jaunts. of course you also have the drunk, obnoxious guys in equal measure. all im saying is that though both these groups are represented in the city regularly i dont recall many folk portraying any other viewpoint than that of english as pissheads. my objection was to the suggestion that MOST british act this way. not true, they are simply the most visible.

i recall being in cancun in the late nineties and witnessing late teenage americans on their 'spring break'. these people were worse behaved than the worst of the english that i ever saw in amsterdam or elsewhere. the english arent the only ones capable of becoming a marauding pack of loathsome drunks if they want to.

anyway, watch me eat my words if england lose the football tonight...

withnail
 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: