Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Dance clubs in Amsterdam
Posted: 2006-06-22, 4:29 pm

browneyes
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello all,

First let me congratulate the webmasters on an excellent site - by far the best that I've found with up-to-date info on Amsterdam. I will soon be returning to the Netherlands after too many years away and I would like to ask you all about dance clubs in Amsterdam.

I am a great lover of electronic dance music, and although the famous Dutch trance DJs like Armin Van Buren, Ferry Corsten and Tiesto are not always my cup of tea, I would like to visit a club playing that type of music. I am looking for great music, a mainly straight crowd, an unpretentious attitude and, of course, plenty of sexy girls. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
Re: Dance clubs in Amsterdam
Posted: 2006-06-22, 5:09 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-06-22, 5:16 pm

browneyes
Thanks for that!
Posted: 2006-06-23, 2:45 am

superbau
Is easyest to find these duch famous dj in a massive party than in a clubs...

first of all have a look to this site:

www.id-t.com

this radio organize the best party for the kind of music you are looking for, just serch under event.
I was at mysteryland, sensation white and two times to innercity...i listen and dance with the dj like tiesto, ferry c, david guetta, eric morillo, felix the housecat, junior jack, armin v. b., tiga, poul van dyk......and many others
These events are mega party 25000-60000 people, many situation , dancefloors, girls, and a lot of dj... these are a good occasions to go to amsterdam !!!
Innercity, on dec 05, was an exposition of a state of art of electronic music !
Sensation white will be at 1 july, It is one of the most exclusive party of the planet ! 40000 ticket sold online in 3 hours on 1 april and then .....sold out. !!!!!! id-t will sell the last 200 tickets on 29 june in amsterdam at 9.30 am... see the site

Now,look at this site:

http://www.ticketbox.nl/dance/

here you can find a list of other big party in and near Amsterdam, and buy tickets

Clubs:

there are many clubs in amsterdam, but they don't have the same music all the nights, you have to look for a party or for a dj...serch in internet from sites of partys agenda
one of my favorite clubs is The Powerzone:
www.thepowerzone.nl

Tips for 1/7 - 2/7 week end: 4 massive rave party!!!!

sat afternoon: AWAKENINGS http://www.awakenings.nl/
sat night: SENSATION WHITE
sun (after hour) THE POWERZONE
sun afternoon LATIN VILLAGE www.latinvillage.nl
sun night ............collapsed !!!!!!!!

this is only an exemple of what you can find in a week end in Amsterdam!!!!

Last but not least....you can find a very good trance music if you join fetish partys !

When i will have more time i have to post in this forum the complete list of the links of clubs and partys that i usually check

Superbau
Posted: 2006-06-23, 5:32 pm

browneyes
Superbau,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to give me all this great info. I know about Sensation and those types of events. I was at Winter Music Conference in Miami a couple of years ago, where the quality of music and DJs was second to none. I'll be a bit too late for Sensation this year, but I'll look at the websites you mentioned to see who's playing where. I live in Montreal and on any given weekend there's one or two well-known DJs playing at the clubs here (Danny Tenaglia last night, DJ Dan this Saturday, for example). I'm sure it's the same in Amsterdam. I just want to avoid the gay clubs... the music will probably be excellent, but I need to watch girls dancing to get the most out of the tunes.

Cheers
Posted: 2006-06-23, 11:08 pm

superbau
I don't belive that surfing from links that i posted above you find a gay clubs.

I know that EXIT , APRIL in Reegulieer or RING near Winston Hotel are gay clubs...you have to avoid them ! There are several private gay party in Amsterdam that probably we never known.

I don't think that top dj works in a gay clubs......gays go to dance top dj music in the same events that straight do. In a gay club music is happy commercial house and in a hard gay club music is tribal/hardcore, but djs are unknow! Long times ago ,if you looked for trend music ,you had to go in a gay clubs like Heaven in London ...but now gay come in ours clubs!

When i talk about fetish party i mean party like WASTELAND ( www.wasteland.nl) were you dance and watch erotic/sm shows with very stunning girls !!!!

Tiesto and other duch dj are good and famous but they are "nothing" in front of Danny Tenaglia.
Danny is one of my favorite dj, one of the fathers of house and one of the really best dj in the world! You are very lucky to see him...Montreal or Miami is too far for me...the only way i have to see Danny is travel to Ibiza :)

cheers

Superbau
Posted: 2006-06-26, 5:13 pm

browneyes
Superbau,

Nowadays I think that some of the top DJs are gay themselves. I went to see Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos recently, and I'm pretty sure that both of them are gay. I like going to gay clubs for the music, but if I don't see any girls, I won't really get into it. Everything depends on the girls. Aren't we sad creatures! I've been to a few fetish parties before, but never with great music. I'll check out the party you mentioned.

PS Went to see DJ Dan on Saturday. Okay, but not great.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: