Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
when is the best time to visit amsterdam
Posted: 2006-06-28, 6:08 pm

DIZMULL
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
just looking for some info on offseason and when i can find the best price for a plane ticket
Re: when is the best time to visit amsterdam
Posted: 2006-06-28, 6:49 pm

Mr_DB
It depends on where you are from. In the UK if you book well in advance and are not too fussy on days, you can sometimes get a ticket for less than £15 through Easyjet.
Posted: 2006-06-28, 7:48 pm

AustonSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I love traveling during the off-season. Fewer people, cheaper airfare and cheaper hotels, etc. Usually travel in December, which can make the weather a bit of a challenge (and daylight hours are really short, especially compared to this time of year), but it makes for a fun experince, nonetheless. Traveling from the US, normally I can find fares in the $400-500 range RT in December, but I suspect this year it might be higher given all the airline challenges and fight for fewer seats.
Posted: 2006-06-28, 7:59 pm

attymn
If you're coming from the US, there's a website called www.europeasap.com which has a deal for $800 for airplane and hotel for 4 nights from Sept. 1 through October 31. It's $300 more for now through September 1. I just found the site, so I can't say if it's good or not. Of course, you probably want to stay longer, but if not, that seems like a pretty good deal considering how expensive Dam tickets are from the states.
Posted: 2006-06-28, 8:34 pm

DIZMULL
thanks for the info . i will be traveling from philadelphia in US
Posted: 2006-06-29, 12:53 am

scuNNer
I can see the financial advantages of going off season, but frankly the weather in winter is the definite no-no for me. Hailing from Scotland where the weather is often shite 8-9 months of the year, I'd rather not travel to somewhere which could easily be as miserable in the winter months.

How about late May/Early June? (at a time when the World Cup isn't being played) My last trip was just a month ago and we got both the start of decent weather and not as crowded as I have found later summer visits in the past.

And I find a nice toke outside on a warm day gives me a sense of enormous well-being.

Of course if what you plan to do there is mostly going to be indoors and in a horizontal position then who cares what time of year it is!
Posted: 2006-06-29, 4:15 am

heynow1210
I've been in the offseason and was just there two weeks ago. Weather was the same, it sucked. When is it warm there?
Posted: 2006-06-29, 11:43 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
go when you feel horny !!! [ thats why i go so often] lol. not keen on july/aug too many tourists. prefer sept/oct or early spring ie apr /may.

Posted: 2006-06-29, 3:24 pm

heynow1210
Some of you have hit the nail on the head; Sept for me has been the best, the weather isn't too bad, isn't too good but there's not a ton of people and it's cheaper to get to.

I was really looking forward to walking around in shorts and sitting out drinking in the pubs getting sun. Didn't happen.
Posted: 2006-06-29, 6:39 pm

Luther Head
Weather-wise, the best time is today: sunny with the high about 26 and tonight the low about 11. Just perfect.
But seriously, it is impossible to pick a time when the weather will be stable here. Just a few days ago (late June) it was overcast and cool during the day and almost cold at night.
When I arrived last year at the beginning of September, the first 6 weeks were just about perfect.

In the past, I usually visited in early May or early September with the advantages being you have a chance at decent weather and the tourist crowds are not at their peak. I usually was lucky with the weather then.

I used to be an advocate of traveling during the winter months, when rates and crowds are at their lowest, because if you are just going to be in a coffeeshop, pub, restaurant, it really doesn't matter. But now I must admit that A'dam is best when the weather is good because it is such a great city to just walk (or cycle) around.

But let's face it Amsterdam lovers, if you haven't been here for a few months or years, any time is a good time to be in Amsterdam in.
Posted: 2006-06-30, 2:04 pm

Michael
I really like right in the middle of july when the damned is packed, Thats the most fun for me watching all the people walking by, while I smoke a bowl of cheese and drink a real beer.It does get crazy on weekends but thats why I am there, to actually breathe some real freedom, and walk around with some weed in my top pocket.

Have a good dinner and get some pussy. Thats one thing about vacationing in Adam, most other places seem to pale towares the end of the night and you havent got laid yet, but not in ole adam, plenty of hot babes around and mostly ready, I will be there again in july.....rock on
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: