Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Idiot Tour Guides
Posted: 2006-06-29, 9:14 pm

axxxtw Founder
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
We're crossing the Stoofbrug this pleasant Thursday afternoon, and a gaggle of tourists is gathered around a tour guide. Who's he's working for we do not know. We decide to tuck in and listen for a bit.

It's always fun, you know?

After a scant few seconds, we're rewarded with a gem.

"There are 3000 windows in the red light districts of Amsterdam", the idiot announces.

Yeah, if you count each piece of glass. Idiot.

This is nearly as rich as the day last summer, when I cycled up behind a group on Zeedijk, just beginning their tour from Rob Van Hulst's office of misinformation. This idiot informed the gullible group that "the Zeedijk is a no-go zone for tourists...even I, an Amsterdammer, won't go any further, it's too dangerous".

As if on cue, a women pushing a baby carriage, strolled up and down into the no-go zone. (Along with the usual families, single individuals, tourists, cyclists, and neighbourhood dwellers). We doubt the tourists noticed.

Ps: We updated our window count this afternoon---there are 506 as of today. A few are gone, a few were added. But that's 1 more window than two years ago, when last we counted. Someone might inform Mariska or Rob von Hulst, clueless misinformation spreaders, to inform their idiots of the real numbers. But we don't think it'll happen. It doesnt serve their self-serving interests.

Posted: 2006-06-30, 12:12 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Out of curiosity...what interests would be served by tour guides giving false info? I mean, I'd want to hear the real deal if I was on such a tour...but what's the conspiracy?

Not trying to cause trouble...I'm just nosey!
Re: Idiot Tour Guides
Posted: 2006-06-30, 10:02 am

DELETED
DELETED
Re: Idiot Tour Guides
Posted: 2006-07-04, 7:47 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Aha! Got it. Thanks!
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: