Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Amsterdam's third RLD?
Posted: 2006-07-04, 4:08 pm

browneyes
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello all,

Does anyone have any info on the Pijp (close to Rijkmuseum), which is apparently Amsterdam's third RLD? Prices? Quality of girls? Quality of service? Any individual recommendations? Directions?

Thanks.
Re: Amsterdam's third RLD?
Posted: 2006-07-04, 4:15 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-07-04, 7:28 pm

axxxtw Founder
Prices are the same, 50,- A few can be found for 35,-
Its kind of quiet in this weeks heat wave, but it could be different next week. Girls are reported in the Device by location.

Directions. We have all you need to know. 2nd drop down box, on the left "Rld Walking Tour"---the entire thing can be printed out along with maps.

Here is what it says:

The name of the smallest of the three red light districts, the Pijp (de Pijp, in Dutch) comes from the long straight streets (straight as a pipe) in this section of Amsterdam originally developed in the late 19th century for working class and immigrant residents. Appropriately enough "pijp" is also Dutch slang for "penis". It is also the only one of the three districts where cruising the windows by automobile is possible, which you would see if you ventured here at night. By day, it's a quiet and relaxed district catering primarily to locals, where many a jewel can be found. You'll never see the drunken crowds of football revelers or hoards of tourists, or many non-residents for that matter.

The Pijp/Ruysdaelkade district is behind the Rijksmuseum, south on the Ruysdaelkade. Actually it's quite near Societe Anonymé, just a few more blocks up the Stadhouderskade. First of all, find your way to the Rijksmuseum. Proceed east (left) on Stadhouderskade a short distance, crossing the bridge and the canal, Boerenwetering. Take a right turn on the little brick walkway or continue on a bit further until you arrive at Ruysdaelkade, and then go right. Proceed south along Ruysdaelkade. The first street you'll arrive at is Eerste Jacob Van Campen Straat, followed by Quellijnstraat, Daniel Stalperstraat, Saenredamstraat, Gerard Doustraat, Albert Cuypstraat, and finally Gouvert Flinckstraat. Here it is; it's just up ahead on your left, facing the canal. 30+ windows, on multiple floors, plus a few windows down the sidestreet Gouvert Flintstraat.

If you proceed a bit further up Ruysdaelkade, passing Eerst Jan Steen Straat and Eerst Jan Van Der Heijenstraat, crossing the busy Ceintuurbaan, and strolling a bit further up Ruysdaelkade, you'll find 4 more, lesser known windows.

Features of note in this area are the Albert Cuyp open air market, the concentration of computer shops on Ceintuurbaan just around the corner from Ruysdaelkade, and further up Ceintuurbaan where it changes to Sarphatipark, the privehuis known as Park 118. The back entrance of the Rijksmuseum and the vast Museumplein is also nearby, at the beginning of this walk.

If you care to forego the walk, catch a tram at Centraal Station. Tram 24 routes up Centuurbaan, and arrives at Ruysdaelkade, practically at the doorstep of the Ruysdaelkade/Pijp RLD. Proceed north a short block up Ruysdaelkade. Tram 16 arrives at Albert Cuypstraat and Ruysdaelkade, in that case proceed a short walk south.

Last edited by axxxtw on 2006-07-04, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2006-07-04, 8:00 pm

withnail Power Kat
well i just passed along the ruysdaelkade upon my trusty fiets and it seemed a little quiet, though to be fair things dont generally start hotting up around them there parts until after 9.30ish.

anyway, as an aside i was having a beer with a couple of friends this evening, long term residents of the city, who were telling me that some years back the pijp red lights extended also into the frans halsstraat, at the albert cuyp end. apparently ladies sat in windows on the corner with what is now the balti house restaurant. the same gents also availed me with tales of the tippelzone on the utrechtsestraat, where we were sat drinking at the time. im told that until the mid-eighties (as far as they could recall) girls would stroll the street to be picked up by passing cars. both guys recollection was also of rembrandtplein being a 'junkie area', the centre of the cities long-term heroin scene. always interesting to get an inside view on the various amsterdam 'scenes' of years gone by.

you guys wouldnt believe how hot it is in the city tonight. a proper heatwave, as rare as hens teeth in this little land and to be savoured.

regards to all from sweaty amsterdam!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-05, 5:46 am

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey withnail, in your travels on ruysdaelkade lately have you seen the blonde Danielle working?
Posted: 2006-07-05, 10:21 am

withnail Power Kat
yes, tuesdays and thursdays in room 131, right hand side. i have not visited her in about 3 years but she is a lovely lady. of course you can always track her down in her usual role at the local hospital if she isnt in the window...

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-05, 5:13 pm

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks withnail! I've missed the sexy nurse on my last two trips so I'm glad to know she's still there. Altho if I hadn't killed time waiting on the bridge where I could watch her kamer I wouldn't have seen the small floating gardens in the canal in front of the windows.
cheers!
Posted: 2006-07-05, 5:18 pm

withnail Power Kat
you also have the floating flower market just opposite the corner of ruysdaelkade / eerste jan steensstraat. next time you find yourself waiting around try popping in to the cafe buiten on the corner of ruysdaelkade / albert cuypstraat, a nice friendly bar with plenty of outside terrace.

i shall have a look for her tomorrow...

withnail
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: