Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
shortage of polish,czech,east europeans?
Posted: 2006-07-07, 2:07 am

iloveamsterdam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
noticed there was not many ee girls in the wallen
as usual..has there been a recent raid on girls working without papers?
Re: shortage of polish,czech,east europeans?
Posted: 2006-07-08, 1:40 am

Nitrostar
I heard there was some sort of crackdown on non-EC citizens working in the RLD. I don't follow Dutch politics much but I think I read the Mayor (who from what I've gathered is an ultra-conservative) has banned all non-EC girls from the RLD. I think it is a shame.
Re: shortage of polish,czech,east europeans?
Posted: 2006-07-08, 11:18 pm

shootingstar
I just called a Czech window girl who told me that the problem raised in this thread is primarily for the new girls coming in to Amsterdam who don't already have the appropriate paperwork and documentation in place now. New women coming to Amsterdam with hopes of working in a window will not be allowed to do so.

Luckily, Eastern European (EE) girls who already have this paperwork are safe from the crackdown, as she understands it (which always has a comprehension margin of error due to the language translation thing ie: complex Dutch laws to a Czech speaker telling it in English). But, she is still working, knows about the issue and isn't worried about it.

So, if you have a current EE favorite or two who you have been seeing for a while, you are likely safe.

Ss
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: