Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
where do u guys stay when going
Posted: 2006-08-04, 3:46 am

TERMINATESINHER
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
hi guys, im off to the dam in december, want a bit of festive spirit, if i was looking for a hotel in the centre of the dam, the 2 main roads to be are Oudezijds Achterburgwal and Oudezijds Voorburgwal, these street names keep poping up over and over again so i thought id try find something located there, where about on this streets would u recomend and would u recomend these streets at all and if so which one, whenever i go i sit at a coffe shop on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal so it would be useful to have that nxt to the hotel, but Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal is a bit far away from the main rld for me to watch the nightlife from my window

thanks
Re: where do u guys stay when going
Posted: 2006-08-04, 9:12 am

tw25rw Power Kat
Just stay at the Winston.. You can look down Dollebegijnensteeg from there.
The rld is small so you don't need to be on those roads. It's not like Bangkok where you have to catch taxis to get around.

Posted: 2006-08-04, 9:24 am

bigbill
I really like Hotel the crown. It's located on O.Z. Voorburgwal. a 10 minute walk from Central Station. Right on the edge of the RLD and across from Oude Kerk. Rooms are small but reasonable 40 Euro. Common Shower and Toilet to the floor. Staff is friendly and helpful. They make a mean Coffee to help start your day. Smoking is not allowed in the rooms but the bar open till 1 AM is smoker friendly. Just watch the walk up the narrow stairs. You are verty close to some of the better shops. Barney's, Sibere, Pink Floyd. Grey area is not to far away. also very close to the Singel RLD

Posted: 2006-08-04, 9:53 am

smurf
for me the best hotel in very close vacinity to the rld is the Victoria.

5 minute walk from the rld

its not a budget hotel like some which are actually in the red light district but still reasonable.
Posted: 2006-08-06, 5:09 pm

Jimmy
I've been to Amsterdam about 8 times now and stayed at the Torenzicht every time. It's in the heart of the RLD, has a 24 hour bar, it's cheap, clean and secure.........what more could you ask for ?

Also, the bar staff are friendly and the breakfasts are great.

I can't see past the place. It's especially good if you get a room facing onto the canal where you can watch the window girls from your room.

Highly recommended.

Regards....................Jimmy
Posted: 2006-08-06, 6:52 pm

usually stayed on warmoestraat but i would really like to give this place you said a go
do you have a link on the net where i could look at it?
Posted: 2006-08-06, 7:26 pm

Jimmy
Here you go..............a link to the best hotel in the RLD (in my humble opinion !!)

http://www.torenzicht.com

Enjoy................Jimmy
Posted: 2006-08-06, 8:56 pm

noreaga
What about hostels ? Ive read about Flying Pig, Bulldog, etc .... seem to be some very positive and some very negative reviews.

Any opinions on a hostel to stay at, thats not too far from the RLD/Centraal ?
Posted: 2006-08-07, 12:31 am

pem
mate just stay at the bulldog. its cheap better than the torenzicht and right on the edge of the rld. theres a bar/coffeeshop inside for guests only open 24hrs. www.bulldog.nl emailing them is better than using the website and this year you pay for 4 nights stay for 5. nuff sed!
Posted: 2006-08-10, 12:02 am

madeyes
I generally stay in Bobs Youth hostel which is neare to the Singel RLD and my favourite pubs

Posted: 2006-08-10, 1:43 am

blowfishcharlie
Try the Botel.
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: