Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Shrooms!
Posted: 2006-08-08, 6:04 pm

french7034
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Went to the Dam for the third time in a year last month and had my first taste of shrooms. It is by far the best thing I have taken, I can assure u I have dabbled in all sorts...

Just wondering where is the best place to get shrooms and which ones you would rec? I tried Mexicans and Colombians which were nice and had good effects... any knowledge would be appreciated!

Frenchy

Posted: 2006-08-09, 7:07 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
There is alot of info about shrooms at this site: http://www.shroomery.org/ Happy trails! ;) Peace.
Re: Shrooms!
Posted: 2006-08-09, 8:35 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
They all pretty much do the same thing. Some, psilocybe cyanescens (or the equivalent copelandia) for instance, contain more active ingredient per gram, but you simply take less of them. It takes only about one gram of copelandias to produce the same results as 3-4 grams of cubensis.

There are certainly differences between species. Philosopher's stones, a related fungus, produces a different feel, for example.

But for all practical purposes, just look for the best grams per euro value in a given species that you can find among the so-called smart shops. Remember that when comparing fresh mushroom weight to dried weight the ratio is 10:1, so 3 grams dried is equivalent to 30 grams fresh. Fresh shrooms taste better to me, but there's obviously more of them to get down.

Enjoy!

the dogs
Posted: 2006-08-11, 1:33 pm

withnail Power Kat
my personal recommendation would be to visit www.pollinator.nl when in town, 5 minutes from waterlooplein or magere brug.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-08-11, 4:02 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Yes! Thanks for the link. Looks like a very interesting place to visit.

the dogs
Posted: 2006-08-11, 10:59 pm

fatboy1Supporting Member
Supporting Member
If you don't make it by the Pollinator World Headquarters, which is worth the visit but slightly hard to find (if you find the correct street, look for bicycles gathered around an entry) I would recommend Tatanka Smart Shop, next to Rookies, has fresh, refrigerated, varied selection of shrooms. I would suggest some Italian or Blue Cheese dressing to dip into for a nice taste of fresh mushrooms.
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: